The whole super charger thing - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2004, 17:49   #1 (permalink)

The whole super charger thing

Well i wanted to start this thread to try and get some of you giving me views on this.

One of the guys i talk to who runs a car magazine has just had his XR8 engine stripped because it developed a pop at idle and driving.

He had a Super charger (Vortec) fitted with no inter cooler and it was making a constant 440 rwhp. ( as a side note the exact same kit on a 260 kw holden running same boost only makes 380 rwhp!) ANyways back to it. He had the engine stripped and after a year of thrashing and constant boost ect the engine was stripped and was found to have only one thou bore outta round. Now i think thats not a bad effort. Engine was added some comp and new pistons and rods and an inter cooler.

Now its making 500+ at the wheels and had to just have the clutch done as it started slipping at 200 kph under full throttle bursts! This car LIGHTS the wheels 1,2,3,4 with ease. Not a bad effort.. now to convince him to take it to the track!

Also The guy that did the pull down and rebiuld has also sourced some after market ALLY blocks!. WIth the potential of 6 litres hes just ordered 2! HELLO!

a 6 LITRE boss with the top end power that these engines produce with these cylinder heads!.. bring it on! Either turbos or super chargers and a nice 7500 rpm limit and you have yourself a real nice streeter!
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2004, 18:11   #2 (permalink)
Pursuit Reincarnation Dog

Re: The whole super charger thing

I'm a big fan of the blower kits after having had a run in a blown BA XR8 Stage 2 CAPA kit. BIG fan!

'General' Dog - AP's German Shepherd and Best Mate - 02Dec1998-15Dec2003.
'Pepper' Dog - General's and My Little German Shepherd Sweetie - 1996?-02Apr2006.

'Sako' Dog - My Beautiful and Pretty German Shepherd - 2001?-23Aug2006.
Aussie Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 18:20   #3 (permalink)
Blue Blood

[QUOTE=GTP-330
Also The guy that did the pull down and rebiuld has also sourced some after market ALLOY blocks!. WIth the potential of 6 litres hes just ordered 2! HELLO!

a 6 LITRE boss with the top end power that these engines produce with these cylinder heads!.. bring it on! Either turbos or super chargers and a nice 7500 rpm limit and you have yourself a real nice streeter![/QUOTE]

Are these the Sean Hyland Motorsport blocks?

45,000km service coming up - and i'll be asking for a sizable list of fixes:
* Gearbox (3rd time)
* Steering click (5th time)
* Brake Shudder (2nd time, and has the applied "Fix")
* etc...
ianmcginley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 18:30   #4 (permalink)

[QUOTE=ianmcginley]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTP-330
Also The guy that did the pull down and rebiuld has also sourced some after market ALLOY blocks!. WIth the potential of 6 litres hes just ordered 2! HELLO!

a 6 LITRE boss with the top end power that these engines produce with these cylinder heads!.. bring it on! Either turbos or super chargers and a nice 7500 rpm limit and you have yourself a real nice streeter![/QUOTE

Are these the Sean Hyland Motorsport blocks?
Ill find out for you mate and post later when i ring him
Xtreme F6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 19:06   #5 (permalink)
mmmmm....kookyfudge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie Pete
I'm a big fan of the blower kits after having had a run in a blown BA XR8 Stage 2 CAPA kit. BIG fan!
Pete, time to book the Poorsoote in for some non warranty work mate

kooky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2004, 19:31   #6 (permalink)
disarm you with a smile

Yeah, get some sort of smile out of your Pursuit
Old 09-09-2004, 23:54   #7 (permalink)

Surely if HSV are going to offer after market super chargers as an option as it is stated in the latest Motor Mag. Then I Reckon We Have a GTHO coming, so why bother with an after market kit. Better to wait for the real thing IMHO
Pedders Shocks & Springs,Whiteline Swaybars, Manta Exhaust System, Twin 3 inch High Flow Cats & 4 inch Dump Pipe, Injectors and High Vol Pump, FPV Mats, Tinted Glass
Whhoooosssshhh

350rwkw XTREME EDIT
The Real Performance Thing
HSV What ?
and 013, Lightning Strike:
Twin 2.5 Mandrel Bent Exhaust, High Flow Cat, CAI & Pedders Suspension
Hypnodoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 00:53   #8 (permalink)
V8 ute driver!

Ya just gotta look at the power some of the LS1 boys a puttin out now with their blown engines with some heads an cam work done on em. I aint no expert but i would reckon that the BOSS heads would flow better than the LS1, so potentialy the BOSS should have heaps left in it.
Boss330 runs his 5.4 mustang to 8000rpm as he crosses the line in the states with some decent internalls so whenever the BOSS EDIT or whatever they are gonna call it gets here i reckon we are in for some interesting times.
Any offer considered.
Now driving a 04 BA XR8 Manual Envi ute. Mods to come...
flavze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2004, 02:20   #9 (permalink)
rod

greetings Simon
thats an awsome result, it would be a hoot turning the tyres in 4th gear

maybe an aftercooler would help with the heat that you lucky guys get over there, i know of atlest one car that runs one here

regards
rod
Old 09-10-2004, 03:30   #10 (permalink)
No stars in my eyes

I'm also a big fan of superchargers. If used correctly it will never hurt an engine. Some people don't like them because of the damage that can occur to an engine. But it is usually too much boost or not enough fuel that quickly destroys an engine.

Anyway it sounds good GTP-330.....so when are you getting one....lol...

Cheers.

Proud Owner of a Tickford TE-50 T3 No 033.....13.62 @ 102.07mph..0-100-4.988 secs
firefox7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum