XR8 Production Delay - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FPV & Tickford Forum GT, GT-P and all FPV Discussions. Formerly Tickford.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2002, 21:38   #1 (permalink)
Ford Member

Thumbs down XR8 Production Delay

I've just been told by the Fleet Manager at my company that Ford have advised him that production of the XR8 may be delayed till April. This apparently is due to Ford having difficulties ironing out some difficulties with the auto box.

Does anyone have any info on this? I really want to order the XR8, but at present my hands are tied.
Davo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-29-2002, 21:46   #2 (permalink)
A Fully Sick " Can't "

That is very bad news.
I hope they can get it fixed easily.
Old 12-29-2002, 22:29   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

I believe that the manuals will be delivered 'on time' but I am not sure about autos. I can't see ( or more to the point do hope that ford dont) them holding off the entire range while they sort out the transmission on one model... but you never know really....
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 22:36   #4 (permalink)
sideways instructor

i have heard that the auto gear box is not strong enough for the power outputs of the new XR8 and GT models.Thats all i have heard.
WE HAVE IGNITION
NO BOUNDRIES

Your a stooge mate
xrfalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2002, 23:06   #5 (permalink)

It's a nice problem to have (too much power) but if it is restricted to the automatic transmission, Ford should go ahead & release the manual.

Ford cannot afford to wait another 3 months to release the XR8 as this would equate to 3 months of strong SS sales & potential lost customers.

MavSS
Old 12-29-2002, 23:47   #6 (permalink)

If this is true then people like myself who ordered the XR8 won't get them when? 2-3 months after that?
Now i'm getting a little annoyed, I was willing to wait till end of March but this is BS.

IMO all XR models should've been in production at the same time.
Can you imagine someone sees an XR8, wants an auto and the salesman replies: err sorry auto not available at the present time have to sort out a few issues with it, Oh yeah! really looks professional.
JG33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 00:28   #7 (permalink)
DARK SIDE spy

Question

Quote:
Originally posted by JG33
If this is true then people like myself who ordered the XR8 won't get them when? 2-3 months after that?
Now i'm getting a little annoyed, I was willing to wait till end of March but this is BS.

IMO all XR models should've been in production at the same time.
Can you imagine someone sees an XR8, wants an auto and the salesman replies: err sorry auto not available at the present time have to sort out a few issues with it, Oh yeah! really looks professional.

So you would prefer a car with a gearbox that is going to self-destruct in a short time, as opposed to one that will last???
Old 12-30-2002, 00:33   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

You can rest assured that manual XR8's and FPV product will be available for February delivery.

The auto remains something of an enigma at the moment in terms of availability. I'm tipping that we could have a fair wait ahead of us. Gives you the sh*ts but I guess it is better than having endless trouble with self destructing gearboxes. Or worse still suffering a further "artificial" reduction in torque ouptuts (as if it sin't bad enough now) so that the box can survive.

Cheers
Russ
russellw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 00:52   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by motomk
So you would prefer a car with a gearbox that is going to self-destruct in a short time, as opposed to one that will last???
I would prefer all the issue's sorted out long ago and all XR models in production at the same time.

Doesn't matter, Ford can still count on me to buy an XR8 AUTO even if they release it in April 2004 (unless Chrysler brings out a performance V8 car) as for others i'm not so sure.
JG33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2002, 01:04   #10 (permalink)
Cheerful Idiot

You can't do everything at once. If it could have been done, they would have done it.
Ford Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Australian Ford's Discussion > FPV & Tickford Forum