Ford Forums banner

XR8 with XY shaker

8K views 45 replies 29 participants last post by  Fordy 
#1 ·
At the Sandown 500 there was a phantom XR8 ute with a XY style skaker sitting up out of the bonnet!! it looked absolutely fantastic....a sure thing of what Ford MUST do for next GT! whoever it was, i congradulate you on a fantastic looking job, well done! it works really well with the bonnet buldge too!
did anyone else see this, and if so do they have any pictures?

#7 ·
Believe me (rod c) the shaker is functional,the owner is Paul Racoualis,he's in the process of opening up the yet to be named Shaker installations and is also talking to Ford about certain issue's ,he should have a bussiness name in about 6-8 weeks.The cost will be approx.$1200-$1400. His PH. 0438722672, Paul is also a member of the FPV & XR Owners Club of Vic.
Cheers John

#13 ·
Look's good it really suit's the bulge,he's on a good little bussiness there,does it actually shake like the old one's,I cant see how this would be affected by ADR,when you see car's like the WRX and Nissan Patrol turbo and their scoop's.

#15 ·
Re: Re: XR8 with XY shaker

bsmyth said:
I think the issure is that it is attached to the engine where the WRX's etc are part of the bonnet and are therefore ADR compliant.
Well if so they could just make it a mould like the WRX one and let the air filter sit in a panel below it would still be functional like an old shaker and comply with ADR.

#17 ·
So if Ford are not allowed to do why would an individual. It Looks absolutely awesome, but I would hate GT owners getting a canary and wasting al that money.

I also wonder if there would be any performance gain out of it being functional and all.

#19 ·
That does look good but with this you have shaker on top of bulge on top of bonnet. Too many layers in my opinion.

I think the shaker would work better with the flatter bonnet of the XR6.

Just my opinion

#23 ·
Re: Re: XR8 with XY shaker

bsmyth said:
Yeah looks great but will NOT happen on any prduction car from Ford as they do not comply with Australian Design Rules.

Which ADR is that? - I have yet to see any one actually quote the particular Design Rule in black and white, regardless of all the "I don't think it would comply..." If someone has access to the Australian Design Rules CD-ROM from DoTaRS it would stop a lot these threads in their tracks, and we would know once and for all.

#25 ·
I think it looked good back on the XY...but we are now 30 years on.....maybe an airinduction more akin to the Merc SLR would be better. I also like the starter button under a flap at the top of the gear shifter

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.