03 cobra - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles Forum for discussion of all Ford SVT Vehicles, such as: Ford F150 Lightning SVT, Ford Cobra SVT, Ford Focus SVT, Ford Contour SVT and previous SVO vehicles as well.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2004, 14:41   #1 (permalink)

03 cobra

Sup guys,

Yesterday I was going to change my 99 cobra svt for a brand new 03 cobra with only 8100 miles on it. I drove the car and loved the seats, styling and other stuff including the SUPERCHARGER. But I turned that down. The dealer I went were a bunch of ass holes to both me and my dad. I was going to trade my cobra and my explorer for the 03. So of course they had to drive both cars. So some guy walks up to me and asks me if she peels alot and I get good grip and shit. He grabs my keys and jumps in my car and starts it. I look to my sales person and asked him if he was the one that will tell me how much my car is worth. He says no and claims he is just our general mangaer. After the general manager (the first guy who talks to me) asked me all those questions about peeling and shit I didn't feel comfortable for him to drive my car. I open my door and said where are you going. He said ohh i am going to drive this to the mechanic. I told him no and to get out of my car. He gets mad and told me to just go stand aside. I was pissed. I yelled at him to "GET THE **** OUT OF MY CAR." He jumped out and left my e brake down and the car is about to roll into a ****ing fense. I yelled to him to pull the e brake and he finally does about 2 feet away from the fense. At this time I was about redline from going insane. He gets out and i and my father chew his ass out. I took him to his manager and have a nice little talk just the 3 of us. You should guess how that went. So they decided since he was a ass hole to me they were going to give me more on my car. So i waited and waited and they finally decided to give me 13k(at first they were going to give me 12,800) for my 99 cobra with 34k miles on it and best paint job and not one dent in the car. They wouldn't go any higher. Me and my dad looked at each other and laughed. They wanted me to pay an extra 20k for the 03 cobra. We told him thankyou very much and left. (Just to let you guys know i am not an ass hole. I usually have good patience but today i didn't) 2 hours later the guy who calls to see if your visit to the dealer was ok called me and asked me if i would ever come back to buy that car. I responded with a laugh and told him i will never set foot on that lot again. He asked me why and i told about the "general manager" deal. He said they were all sorry for the way he acted and that they will bring the price down even more on the 03. I simply told him eveyone there treated me good except for that one guy. I told him i was sorry but i will be buying that car from them. Because of the way they treated me they told me that they will send a cobra car cover ( which doesn't mean much because i already have one with a mustang on it and it is custom) and told me that they will send me some nice cobra foldup chairs. Which is cool. If the so called "general manager" would have not jumped into my car and did all the shit with me i probably would have bought the car. But ohh well i guess someday another will come bye and i can actually get it. Well guys what ever you do don't go to lance cunningham ford or the one here in Knoxville. Theres my story

99 cobra
99 Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-11-2004, 14:44   #2 (permalink)

Re: 03 cobra

ohh and by the way the 03 cobra's psi gauge for the supercharger was broken and stayed that 0 for the time i drove the car. Remember it only has 8100 miles on it

99 cobra
99 Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2004, 09:48   #3 (permalink)
Mustang Cobra Member

Don't get mad, get even!
For the rest of your life, everytime you buy a car, drop the owner of that dealership a copy of your receipt with a note reminding him of the treatment you received and the loss of business generated by his manager. Let that be your consumer's statement.
And all of that on top of an inoperative boost guage. Just goes to show you where you should be shopping: any place else but there!
VENOMUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2004, 12:38   #4 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Go to another dealer for one. If you really want an 03 I have a silver that I am willing to unload that has 36xx miles on it. No accidents and still smells new. I am fixing to buy an F350 SD
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 12:39   #5 (permalink)

i was goin to buy a 03 cobra before i got my 99 cobra saleen, i felt more boost in teh 99 then in 03 for som reason, 03 didn't gimme the feelin of fallin bak in teh seat. 03 not a good choice but is cheaper to fix up then a 99 which i have learned now, its worth it if ur goin to upgrade the supercharger coz the stock one suks ass.
badboycali_559 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2004, 16:07   #6 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

I have driven both a 99 saleen and of course an 03 cobra and I would have to disagree with you as far as neck snapping, pushed into the seat feeling. The Saleen i found had no pull until you hit 3900 and higher, while it did stuff me in the seat at that point, I would rather be pushed into the seat far quicker and harder. Hence why I have an Cobra and not a Saleen.

Of course everyone has their preferences and will say one is better than the other. I happened to find that even the 03 saleens lacked that grunt and feel of what I have in my cobra.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles