Ford Forums banner

06 Mustang Cobra spotted

23K views 19 replies 12 participants last post by  nt@hotmail.com 
#1 ·
Mustang Cobra spotted
By AUTOWEEK

(Photo by Jason Stinnett)

Yeah, that recently revealed Mustang GT-R is killer, but here’s a look at what we think is the next Mustang rocket for the masses, the 2006 SVT Cobra running on the new ’Stang chassis. A wily AutoWeek reader caught this shot near Ford’s test facility in Florida, but hasn’t seen it since. Wonder what’s churning under that massive cowl?

See less See more
#6 ·
Stacy94PGT said:
Mustang Cobra spotted
By AUTOWEEK

(Photo by Jason Stinnett)

Yeah, that recently revealed Mustang GT-R is killer, but here’s a look at what we think is the next Mustang rocket for the masses, the 2006 SVT Cobra running on the new ’Stang chassis. A wily AutoWeek reader caught this shot near Ford’s test facility in Florida, but hasn’t seen it since. Wonder what’s churning under that massive cowl?
Hey, what model is that Mustang you have on your second pic? That's a nice one. That's not the 2005 GT is it?

#7 ·
angelsonico said:
Hey, what model is that Mustang you have on your second pic? That's a nice one. That's not the 2005 GT is it?
Yes, it's the 05 Mustang GT "production version" shown at the Detroit auto show. But, in my avatar is the "concept" 05 Mustang GT.

#9 ·
SiKEDXR8 said:
but then you'd have to take the v10 out!

Ford would NEVER put a v10 in a mustang, never have and never will, if they were to put one in then they would lose so much sales, i myself am only 14 but you could ask anyone that knows me, and they would tell you that i know more about mustangs than anyone, Black Mountain Ford has guaranteed me a job to specialize in mustangs when i turn 16.

#10 ·
Mustangman said:
Ford would NEVER put a v10 in a mustang, never have and never will, if they were to put one in then they would lose so much sales, i myself am only 14 but you could ask anyone that knows me, and they would tell you that i know more about mustangs than anyone, Black Mountain Ford has guaranteed me a job to specialize in mustangs when i turn 16.

He he..........

#11 ·
Mustangman said:
Sorry to burst your uneducated bubble but Ford has done a mustang with a v10. It is not a production vehicle, but it was done. Maybe you should investigate things before stating what you obviously do not know about.

Of course I will grant you your age as the determining factor, but still it would be wise if you knew something before bragging you actually think you do.

Dont get too chocked up

http://motortrend.com/roadtests/coupe/112_0308_amv8_boss/index.html

Hope they are not basing their decision to hire you on your "educational level of mustangs" hehe

#12 ·
LunaticSVT said:
Sorry to burst your uneducated bubble but Ford has done a mustang with a v10. It is not a production vehicle, but it was done. Maybe you should investigate things before stating what you obviously do not know about.

Of course I will grant you your age as the determining factor, but still it would be wise if you knew something before bragging you actually think you do.

Dont get too chocked up

Hope they are not basing their decision to hire you on your "educational level of mustangs" hehe

Good call LunaticSVT.... he he

That is one sweet V10 mustang...... Id get a loan for something like that.

#13 ·
LunaticSVT said:

Dont get too chocked up

There is still no production model of that car and there wont be because it wouldnt sell, that is the reason for not making it a production car, ive heard about the car...in the "old" body style model, i was speaking of cars that you could buy and not concept cars. even the ford gt doesnt need a v10 so y would ford bother to put one in a mustang if the v8 in the gt will kill ferrari?

-your ford friend: the kid

#14 ·
LunaticSVT said:

Dont get too chocked up

I appreciate you telling me my mistake, i will research more before making the same decision

#15 ·
Mustangman said:
There is still no production model of that car and there wont be because it wouldnt sell, that is the reason for not making it a production car, ive heard about the car...in the "old" body style model, i was speaking of cars that you could buy and not concept cars. even the ford gt doesnt need a v10 so y would ford bother to put one in a mustang if the v8 in the gt will kill ferrari?

Yes it was a concept. But you did not clarify production/non production. There have been a few concept v10s out there.

And the GT only beats the Ferrari because of the SC. If it was without the SCing then the car itself would have a harder time against Ferrari.

Naturally asperated a V10 can make the numbers to beat the Ferrari....but cost of design and building is cheaper to go with an already produced block and slap a SCer on it.

Just my two cents. Not knocking the gt(40)

#16 ·
LunaticSVT said:
Yes it was a concept. But you did not clarify production/non production. There have been a few concept v10s out there.

And the GT only beats the Ferrari because of the SC. If it was without the SCing then the car itself would have a harder time against Ferrari.

Naturally asperated a V10 can make the numbers to beat the Ferrari....but cost of design and building is cheaper to go with an already produced block and slap a SCer on it.

Just my two cents. Not knocking the gt(40)
The ford gt wasnt supercharged until the current model...the classic ones were not...

#18 ·
I'm guessin that an SVT will have the supercharged 5.4 from the GT40.

would be by far the baddest mustang ever built- would probably even dust the legendary Tasca Boss 429 that ran 10's with a magnesium 494 inch can-am hemi. Theres supposedly a shelby stang coming this year(according to ford rep at cleveland auto show), I would expect either blown 4.6 or N/A 5.4- as I expect Ford will try to reserve top-dog status to its SVT efforts...just speculation though.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.