Ford Forums banner

1996 Windstar SVT

8K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  FoundOnRoadDed 
#1 ·
Hey guys i am planning to Svtize my 96 windstar,throw in a cat back dual exhaust,any supercharger that will add an extra 80 hp,lowered 3 inches front 4 i the back,i already have a friend who has the SVT badges for me but my biggest problem here are the tires/wheels.The Windstar stock has P215/70/15 tires with 15x6 rims the ones i am getting are 19x8 front 19x9 back any help with the tire size?

#2 ·
what sort of help do you need? what will fit on the rim?

19.8 and 19.9 are aweful big for a windstar, but may actually fit. I would look at a 275x35x19 for the 9" and 255x35x19 for the 8" you can go smaller than that but any larger then you tires will be too large for the wheels.

#4 · (Edited)
I have a '96 Windstar M112 supercharger on it which originally came off a '03-'04 Cobra Mustang. The engine is being built by Super Six Motorsports in Georgia and will hopefully be installed with a beefed up transaxle (wish me luck here). I plan on running 10 psi of boost, a Snow Performance alcohol/water injection kit and a modified cold air kit using parts from a Cobra and good old hardware store parts to finish off the cold air kit. Currently it just has some body mods and 17" wheels, Michelin directional tires, K&N filter and a few other mods. The computer will get mods from SCT to handle the pressure. This was updated on February 18th, ’08 and one completed I’ll add a link to view the van, engine, etc. Please wish me luck because this won’t be a walk in the park project!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.