1996 Windstar SVT - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles Forum for discussion of all Ford SVT Vehicles, such as: Ford F150 Lightning SVT, Ford Cobra SVT, Ford Focus SVT, Ford Contour SVT and previous SVO vehicles as well.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2004, 05:47   #1 (permalink)

1996 Windstar SVT

Hey guys i am planning to Svtize my 96 windstar,throw in a cat back dual exhaust,any supercharger that will add an extra 80 hp,lowered 3 inches front 4 i the back,i already have a friend who has the SVT badges for me but my biggest problem here are the tires/wheels.The Windstar stock has P215/70/15 tires with 15x6 rims the ones i am getting are 19x8 front 19x9 back any help with the tire size?
Kartel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-21-2004, 13:22   #2 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Re: 1996 Windstar SVT

what sort of help do you need? what will fit on the rim?

19.8 and 19.9 are aweful big for a windstar, but may actually fit. I would look at a 275x35x19 for the 9" and 255x35x19 for the 8" you can go smaller than that but any larger then you tires will be too large for the wheels.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2004, 19:43   #3 (permalink)
Can't wait for Winton...

Re: 1996 Windstar SVT

Ok, I was a bit confused by the thread title as I'd never heard of an SVT Windstar before! Will be a unique ride anyway. Kartel, will rims/tires that big fit in the wheel wells especially with the lowering? I'd be checking that first before purchasing the rims.
outback_ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 13:50   #4 (permalink)

Arrow Re: 1996 Windstar SVT

I have a '96 Windstar M112 supercharger on it which originally came off a '03-'04 Cobra Mustang. The engine is being built by Super Six Motorsports in Georgia and will hopefully be installed with a beefed up transaxle (wish me luck here). I plan on running 10 psi of boost, a Snow Performance alcohol/water injection kit and a modified cold air kit using parts from a Cobra and good old hardware store parts to finish off the cold air kit. Currently it just has some body mods and 17" wheels, Michelin directional tires, K&N filter and a few other mods. The computer will get mods from SCT to handle the pressure. This was updated on February 18th, ’08 and one completed I’ll add a link to view the van, engine, etc. Please wish me luck because this won’t be a walk in the park project!

Last edited by windstar_sc; 02-18-2008 at 11:12. Reason: Project update
windstar_sc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles