All Svt Owners Please Read!!!!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles Forum for discussion of all Ford SVT Vehicles, such as: Ford F150 Lightning SVT, Ford Cobra SVT, Ford Focus SVT, Ford Contour SVT and previous SVO vehicles as well.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2008, 09:08   #1 (permalink)
3/75thRanger

Exclamation Ford maybe screwing me on my SVT

I own a 2003 Focus SVT and just went to my local dealer about replacing my disc on my 6 speed trans. They told me that i had to pay $4,500 for a new 5 speed trans because they are not allowed to work on any 6 speed SVT tans because for made them obsolete...keep in mind i have 100k drive line warrenty in effect....So how can Ford do that??? I bought SVT because its the best Ford has to offer.... Is it not Ford problem they made it obsolete while a few thousand SVT owners like myself have this trans?? Matter a fact....HOW DARE THEY!!!!!!!!! I am very dissapointed in Ford! Anyone here work for Ford??? SVT???
syevoli1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2008, 13:39   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Re: Ford maybe screwing me on my SVT

That sounds like absolute rubbish.

My advice is go to another Ford dealer and if you get better service there, then never go through the door of the previous dealership again.

Let us know how it goes
Old 11-09-2008, 09:05   #3 (permalink)
3/75thRanger

I had a call from Ford Friday evening.... Thy want to talk to me about it.....but im not sure whats up yet. I like the 6 speed because going into heavy turns i can tailor my RPM's 300 RPM a shift...... And i take some high speed turns! I love the fact the car has almost 50/50 weight dist. Far cry from my 63-1/2 Galaxie 8.3sec 585ci side oiler-BBCar!! LOL. This is the smallest motor Ford i ever played with....But will never do a import!!
Old 11-09-2008, 19:34   #4 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Do not let them change your transmission as that sounds silly.

I guess we are talking about a manual stick shift trans here or is it an auto we are discussing.

I am assuming you are talking of the clutch plate needing to be replaced.
Old 11-12-2008, 14:17   #5 (permalink)
3/75thRanger

All Svt Owners Please Read!!!!!!

This is the response to a e-mail i sent Ford regarding my 6speed trans that Ford made obsolete within 5 years and will not pay to convert trans to the 5 speed they wanted me to put in at the cost of $4,500...because i went to Ford dealer to have a new disc put in... They would not touch trans because Ford made it obsolete!
READ ON MY BRO'S

Dear Salvatore,

Thank you for contacting the Ford Motor Company Customer Relationship Center regarding the transmission concern with your 2003 Ford Focus SVT.

Our Chief Executive Officer is not available to receive direct phone or e-mail contacts from customers. The Customer Relationship Center has been fully empowered by Ford Motor Company to respond to any customer concerns or inquiries; we will be more than happy to assist you in addressing this issue. Our records indicate that you contacted the Ford Customer Relationship Center on 11/10/2008, and our Customer Care Representative advised you that we have reviewed if any available coverages may assist in your repair request. There is not active Extended Service Plan to cover the part or the repair and the vehicle is outside of any applicable warranty.

At this time we are unable to provide you with an alternate response. If any additional information regarding this matter should become available in the future, please let us know.

If you have any other inquiries, please feel free to contact us and we will be happy to address them for you.

Sometimes e-mail communication does not allow us to gain additional information that may be helpful in responding to your inquiry. Should you feel that we have not adequately addressed your questions, please feel free to contact us via telephone at (800)392-3673. Please provide your 8 digit reference number - 1296233158.

Sincerely,
Harold
Customer Relationship Center
Ford Motor Company
Old 11-12-2008, 14:18   #6 (permalink)
3/75thRanger

Re: All Svt Owners Please Read!!!!!!

MY REPONSE BACK TO FORD!!!!

Well... How can Ford obsolete a tranny on a car that is 5 years old and not pay for the convert ion that has to be done due to Ford's decision to discontinue a part that is on approx 3000 SVT's just in 2003? I don't care about the warranty....It does not matter. Ford is backing out of their responsibility. I have contacted my local news station in Miami and will be giving them all this info you shared with me.... And i guess you are not fully empowered to help because you are not at all!! Being that the head of Ford cannot receive E-mails or calls from the public...the people who keeps him and you a paycheck....why don't you walk over and hand him a copy of this. Now there are no more excuses! I want the head of Ford and or SVT to contact me! In this time of the big money crunch for everyone, Don't you think you should play a responsible role instead of sticking it to your customers? I'm not just a customer... I own a SVT! I'm very displeased and i think the head of Ford needs to contact me! You will be hearing about this in the media and then you will be publicly put on the spot! Have him contact me at my cell number. And lets stop the bull on your end! Ive alway's been dedicated to Ford products and the circles I'm in with drag racing and just SVT clubs I'm in...I can come up with allot of signatures protesting this agmonst the other Focus SVT owners i am in contact with.
Thank You
Sal
Old 09-09-2009, 00:40   #7 (permalink)
SC= smoked chevy

thers your problem, you drive an SVT focus......those are a big mistake. "if a slap SVT on my truck does that make it one?"

"horse power gets you there, torque keeps you there"
Grant218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 13:32   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by syevoli1968 View Post
MY REPONSE BACK TO FORD!!!!

Well... How can Ford obsolete a tranny on a car that is 5 years old and not pay for the convert ion that has to be done due to Ford's decision to discontinue a part that is on approx 3000 SVT's just in 2003? I don't care about the warranty....It does not matter. Ford is backing out of their responsibility. I have contacted my local news station in Miami and will be giving them all this info you shared with me.... And i guess you are not fully empowered to help because you are not at all!! Being that the head of Ford cannot receive E-mails or calls from the public...the people who keeps him and you a paycheck....why don't you walk over and hand him a copy of this. Now there are no more excuses! I want the head of Ford and or SVT to contact me! In this time of the big money crunch for everyone, Don't you think you should play a responsible role instead of sticking it to your customers? I'm not just a customer... I own a SVT! I'm very displeased and i think the head of Ford needs to contact me! You will be hearing about this in the media and then you will be publicly put on the spot! Have him contact me at my cell number. And lets stop the bull on your end! Ive alway's been dedicated to Ford products and the circles I'm in with drag racing and just SVT clubs I'm in...I can come up with allot of signatures protesting this agmonst the other Focus SVT owners i am in contact with.
Thank You
Sal
And writing your more than a little bit disjointed response in a private fan forum helps -- how? You need to calmly rewrite your concern and complaint to someone who can actually do something about it. There are all kinds of consumer product agencies (private and governmental) that can actually do something to investigate on a national level.

I'm sure you are feeling slighted, but you have absolutely no leverage with Ford and Ford's corporate management. Going to a local news activity in one (very) small step in the right direction, but find someone who not only cares but who can also do something about your complaint.

And good luck to you
Old 11-02-2009, 20:32   #9 (permalink)

so, Im confused

is your transmission bad or just the clutch????

why in the world would you change the transmission if the clutch is bad???
UglyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 07:06   #10 (permalink)

im still trying to figgure out why you would replace the transmission when the clutch is out.

put a clutch in it??

Ford may have obsoleted the trans but ill bet the original manufacturer that FORD bought it from still makes parts for it. Getrag? maybe (I don't know who made it for Ford, but I am sure that it isn't a Ford only trans)

go buy a clutch for it

go to trusted shop

have clutch installed

drive car

Ford has NEVER paid for a clutch job under warranty. the only yime they would pay for a disk is if one got oiled down by a warranty oil leak and even then it takes a creative writing assignment to convince them to pay for it.
UglyStang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles