Cobra rear end problems... - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles Forum for discussion of all Ford SVT Vehicles, such as: Ford F150 Lightning SVT, Ford Cobra SVT, Ford Focus SVT, Ford Contour SVT and previous SVO vehicles as well.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2002, 19:04   #1 (permalink)
Siege

Cobra rear end problems...

I am new. Besides the "search" data, is there any info that anyone has to offer concerning problems on the rear ends of these cars? This is my mother's Cobra convertable. She took it to her local Ford for a recall of some kind. They neglected to replace the pin on the rear driver's side for the axle and the bolt started stripping out. They replaced everything. But "it's never been the same" since. I have driven the car and all I can feel is a firm vibration upon acceleration. Feels like it's in the drive shaft but could be in rear end itself. Help? I hate to say this, but our local Ford dealership has caused more problems than have been inherent with the car itself i.e., put holes in upholstry, scratched paint during service work. So, there's little faith in thier ability to perform repairs on vehicles!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2003, 11:04   #2 (permalink)

Re: Cobra rear end problems...

ok

They had a recall on the spindles on the rear end. I had the done last week which also helped my knocking noise everytime i hit a bump. If there is still a knocking noise you might want the stablizer bar in the rear to be replaced. I had one order but the noise went away after installing the spindels. Did they fix the holes in the upholstry and did they change the stuff for free. I had the same problem one mechanic that i have known for years scratched my car. I had a heart attack. But he called me and told me that he will fix it. They took off my bumper and completly repainted the whole bumper. The service manger later calls and tells me that the mechanic scratched my car. So then he said he would talk care of it but it was finally taken care of. If you don't like the work they did got to a different dealer and have them look at it.

99 cobra
99 Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2003, 11:51   #3 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

This is a known issue on the 03's. I have taken my 03 in and had them replace the DS and the pumpkin. It did not cure it on the first go around. I had to take it back in and they replaced it once again. Yes I know they did because I was watching the entire time. They installed the 04 updated driveshaft and now it is cured. The new driveshaft is balanced at the rear and is indexed differently. Just so you know the part number to order would be 2R3J-4602-AA for the 04 DS.

If it is an earlier model then I agree with 99 Cobra. Have them do the Spindle recall.

In regards to the holes and scratches. I would be raising all sorts of stink. Call 1800FordSVT and file a complaint with them. Also I would complain to the service manager. If you can not get a resolution then go to another dealership. Take your money and service to someone else.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2003, 07:48   #4 (permalink)

Hey siege,

Where do you live in tn?
Old 11-19-2003, 15:20   #5 (permalink)
blue blooded

99 Cobra ... Seige posted last year and may not reply

xr6t ute (289rwkw and fast) & blown Mustang Cobra (347 rwkw and faster)
svtang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2003, 16:01   #6 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Dohh even I missed that date. haha
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2003, 17:27   #7 (permalink)

Shit man i didn't even noticed it. LOL

99 cobra
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles