focus svt supercharger - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles Forum for discussion of all Ford SVT Vehicles, such as: Ford F150 Lightning SVT, Ford Cobra SVT, Ford Focus SVT, Ford Contour SVT and previous SVO vehicles as well.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2003, 06:13   #1 (permalink)

Smile focus svt supercharger

I emailed jackson racing about a supercharger and they said that they were releasing a supercharger for the SVT in 2-3 weeks. He said it should boost output from 143 to 203 hp at the wheels. Just wanted to pass it along
madragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2003, 19:47   #2 (permalink)
Bombtech

Read

I think you will need at least the 203hp to keep up with SRT-4, I read in two different mags they are putting at least 215 to the front wheels(dynoed), they also mentioned this shows they under rated the flywheel hp. They also have two upgrade kits from Mopar that if installed at the dealer will not void the waranty, the most aggresive is 300+ hp.
Old 03-15-2003, 20:55   #3 (permalink)

How long will it last

My second car is a 98 neon r/t which it might not have a turbo but its still not that bad. But after sitting in an srt and sitting in the focus svt which I got for 13500 brand new instead of the 18000 price tag brand. The svt focus handles like its on rails shifts sooo smooth and is a bad ass little car for the money. A neon is a neon just like my neon is never gonna be a lancer Evo and the new srt is never gonna be a wrx sti. If I wanted to tear up the drag strip I would have gotten the new lancer evo turned up the notch on the boost controller and ran high 12sec qtr miles all day. Hell come to think of it the neon has a 2.4 liter engine pushing like 12 or 16 lbs of boost the damn thing should be running 13s not 14s maybe even 12s how long do you think the new 2.4 will last under that kinda stress the damn thing is gonna break just like the neons before it, just hope it happens before the 3 year 36000 mile warr. ends. Im not a ford, dodge or anything type of person if its a car I like I buy it. Screw all the crap about 1/4 mile times because all it takes is a little fear and a missed shift and where are you then? Your losing no matter what you have.
Old 03-15-2003, 21:11   #4 (permalink)
Bombtech

I wasn't flaming just sending info your way, I have been reading and waching so many videos of SRTs beating wrxs in the last week or so since they came out. Isn't the Focus a compact like the Neon? I also thought the SRT-4 was only using 9lb of boost? I only know two people that have Neons and they havn't had any problems, as a matter of fact one of those persons also has a accord that has had more problems than his Neon. Have you had problems with your Neon that you would think it won't last? I am not worried about my Harley breaking because it is supercharged, my R/T is my daily driver though and gets all the miles(no problems in 35k miles).
Old 03-16-2003, 06:47   #5 (permalink)

Your right

My fault man I was just getting to talkative, Your right though the new srt is a great car and I think its going to surprise alot of people including wrx owners, they better get used to seeing neon tailights. Sorry for the outburst, i'll try to keep it civil and not ramble on, by the way nice numbers from the R/T
Old 03-16-2003, 21:04   #6 (permalink)
Bombtech

Thanks, I got that kind of time because I had a good launch, 1/8 tank of gas and had 20psi in the rear tires, on the street it's probably more of a low 14 second truck. Keep us updated on the supercharger deal. A fast Focus would be cool as I may be looking for a smaller more efficient car to replace the R/T, a friend of mine wants to buy it. Here is a picture of my R/T.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg rt dak.jpg (31.4 KB, 49 views)
Old 03-16-2003, 21:38   #7 (permalink)

Silver is always a nice color

I havent seen to many silver R/t dakotas here in fay, NC. There are only a couple in town some red and yellow ones I think. Theres a red one that goes to the track but its stock, I cant remeber what hes running. Are you getting tired of it or are you just ready to move on to another project
Old 03-17-2003, 15:24   #8 (permalink)

The new WRX(sti?) has 300/300 hp/tq from the factory. Potential is much, much greater (although so is the cost). As it is all wheel drive, I think the new WRXsti will really be holding the reins in a race among the the cars mentioned.
Paul Vincent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2003, 20:22   #9 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

Ahh the pink power! They are nice cars, but alas you are talking big difference between sti and Focus SVT. Though I would like to see something done to the Focus to make it better than it is now.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 19:11   #10 (permalink)
Bombtech

Madragon,
I like the R/T a lot, it feels real good now that I have done the mods. The guy that wants to buy it works with me and he has been bugging me about selling it to him instead of him buying a new one. He sees how well I take care of it, and says it feels like a car from the old days when he has driven it. I think I will sell it and do some more modding to my Harley supercrew. I did some interior mods he liked like aluminum pedals that say r/t and dash overlays. Almost forgot, silver became an offered color in 01 and I think they still offer it. Later.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles