headers for my 2004 lightning - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles Forum for discussion of all Ford SVT Vehicles, such as: Ford F150 Lightning SVT, Ford Cobra SVT, Ford Focus SVT, Ford Contour SVT and previous SVO vehicles as well.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2009, 18:11   #1 (permalink)

headers for my 2004 lightning

Hello everyone, its getting to get a little fustrating trying to find long tube headers for my truck at a resonable price. I found some, but im not familiar with the brand. there called OBX and run for $450 on ebay. has anybody heard of this brand? also i was talking to some people at thre track and said that up grading to long tubes would not help me gain horse power, in fact lose horse power. is this true? they were saying i would have to change out my pullys, intake and do a tune in order to see a differance? some one please help. thanks
sin miedo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2009, 22:56   #2 (permalink)
SC= smoked chevy

Re: headers for my 2004 lightning

you will see a slight hp increase. and yes i have heard of obx. they make good headers, i used to have a pair on an older 5.0. best bang for your buck is a pulley swap for hp. also any headers for a regular 5.4 will fit on you truck aswell. look around there are good deals out there just as you found

"horse power gets you there, torque keeps you there"
Grant218 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles