Melting plugs on my liightning - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles Forum for discussion of all Ford SVT Vehicles, such as: Ford F150 Lightning SVT, Ford Cobra SVT, Ford Focus SVT, Ford Contour SVT and previous SVO vehicles as well.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2008, 14:48   #1 (permalink)
Chaoticcustoms

Melting plugs on my liightning

Hey guys ive gota 99 lightning with a different pulley, it maxes the gauge out so i dont know what im running for boost. I think its about 15....I didnt put the pulley on so im not sure. It has a KN filter and a flowmaster muffler. I guess i need to know what plugs i need, you can give it hell only a couple time and then it melts to factory replacements down. It had ngks for a while but i threw them and didnt catch the part number. What should i be using or should i be tossing injectors in it also? I need to take it on a cross country trip soon....
chaoticcustoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2008, 11:15   #2 (permalink)
FF.com Administrator

Re: Melting plugs on my liightning

That sounds serious and I would be finding out what boost it is running. Stick with NGK's but could try dropping to a cooler range of plugs.
I think you should get the air/fuel ratio checked because if it's running lean on boost and detonating then it will lead to more serious problems.

If you don't get it checked out then my advice is don't push it too hard until you have it checked.
Old 12-14-2008, 14:06   #3 (permalink)
Administrator

NGK - Part Number: ITR6F-13 Stock Number: 4477
jwko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2009, 08:21   #4 (permalink)

Hello there i have a 2003 SVT Lightning and i had the same problem, I replaced the plugs with the Iridium Plugs and some Accel Coils and she runs like a beast.So far So Good.. :)
Dutch'sFords is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles