Is this normal - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles Forum for discussion of all Ford SVT Vehicles, such as: Ford F150 Lightning SVT, Ford Cobra SVT, Ford Focus SVT, Ford Contour SVT and previous SVO vehicles as well.

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2003, 16:18   #1 (permalink)

confused Is this normal

I just got which I have allready said several time a new 2003 SVT Cobra
love the car except the shifterbut thats not what this is about. I have a raddle or maybe now what I know where its coming from a scapping noise coming from the passengerside or the right side sense i'm from the USA and it seems to be the passinger seat is rubbing against the door and making a constant noise. Is anyone else have this problem is this just normal and part of the beast. I am planning to take it back to see about geting it fixed because I think this sucks if this is the way it is and there can't be fix. I don't know if I will except that! I know I could just put something in between the two until I have a passenger. But for a 35,000.00 dollar car I don't think I should have to.
akaeric is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2003, 17:01   #2 (permalink)
now with EF power!

Re: Is this normal

man if you want serious replies please type in a manor that other people can understand.

I've read your post 3 times and i cant understand a word your saying.

Mods List:
Kenwood head deck, Rockford Fosgate Punch Sub and Punch Amp....and hubcaps!!

My Gallery!
Proud TQE Operator
danege is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2003, 18:32   #3 (permalink)

Sorry to confused you I have a sqeaking coming from the passengers door area and it looks like it's coming from where the passenger seat rubs the door but thats what my passenger said thats where it looks like its coming from. ALL I wanted to know is if any one else has this problem is it just the way it was built and Ford expects us to except it or can it be fix.You can push onthe door psnel and it stops.

Last edited by akaeric; 11-09-2003 at 18:44.
Old 11-09-2003, 19:35   #4 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

This is normal and can be fixed.

You can fix it yourself or you can go to the dealer and have them fix it.

To fix yourself:

Unbolt all the railing bolts holding the seat in. Now place a washer on the bolt in the floor on the two bolts closest to the door. Now put the seat back in. bolt that baby back up. you should not hear any more squeeks.

Dealer: Say you want the car in for the TSB covering TSB number: #03-1-5. They should book you in for a shim kit to be added to the seat to take the seat away from the door.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 15:19   #5 (permalink)

sup akaeric,

Its good to do stuff on your on but remember that you should have a warranty on your car. I would go to the dealer and have them do it for free. But you plan on customizing the car then do that shit on your own.
Never have aftermarket products done by the dealer i have had many problems with that.

Good luck
99 cobra
99 Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2003, 16:29   #6 (permalink)

Thanks! I am planning to get more power out of it and upgrade but I just want to get some mile on it first. I know what you mean I just got out of the 300zx twin turbo scene and did alot of work on it got it up to about 400h.p. and did all the work my self. this looks like a piece of cake to work on compared to that dam jap. car. it feels good to be back into a good old american V8 I missed it. and thanks for the response again. Got to figure out how these supercharger work never own one before but sounds alot easier than them turbos.
Old 11-11-2003, 14:58   #7 (permalink)

Sup,

I would say putting in a supercharger is much easier then putting in a turbo i have experienced both. Man i wouldn't mind seeing some pics of your 300zx. Before i was saw my beautiful cobra i was going to buy a 96 supra TT. This baby was my dream car since i was 10 years old. But once i saw my cobra that i have wanted since 13 i had to get it. Hope you have pics of the 300zx

99 cobra
99 Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2003, 15:51   #8 (permalink)

First LunaticSVT, How many washers does it take screw the dealer they don't want to talk about TBS number they want loan me car until they look at what the problem is. I'll just do my self but I need to know how many washers it takes if you know.Thanks

Next 99 Cobra, here is my site with my pictures of my car I allmost cried when I left it I had done so much work on it and I think my new cobra wouldof had a hard time with it as I said once I had it boosting 16 psi lets see if I can get this to work.

http://akaeric.victoly.com/dali%20018.JPG

http://akaeric.victoly.com/dali%20017.JPG
Old 11-12-2003, 16:05   #9 (permalink)
***** Idiot....

2 washers total is what it took for me.

And i would Locate another Dealer if they will not do this. It is a 10 minute job for them and they are getting paid by Ford for the work. Maybe at a discounted rate, but they are getting paid.
LunaticSVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2003, 02:45   #10 (permalink)

Don't want to be a pain in the ass or to demanding but so thas one washer per bolt correct? I just don't want to have to pull that seat out but once if I don't have to. Yea I have Ford Dealer 2 miles down the road I'm going to try I just got a Company discount from the other Dealer.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > Ford Cars and PAG Vehicles > Ford SVT Vehicles | SVO Vehicles