95 Ranger Radio - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2005, 19:01   #1 (permalink)
Rob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
95 Ranger Radio

My radio seems to be losing the front speakers. (passenger side kicks in
occasionally, drivers side sounds like it is blown sometimes.) How do I
remove the radio? I tried removing the trim around the radio and a/c
controller and vents. I found 2 screws under the ashtray but that was all I
could find.
Any advice.

Rob


  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 12-04-2005, 22:01   #2 (permalink)
I. Care
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 95 Ranger Radio

In article <HBMkf.9985$wf.6804@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net>,
bucfan11@SPAMearthlink.net says...
> My radio seems to be losing the front speakers. (passenger side kicks in
> occasionally, drivers side sounds like it is blown sometimes.) How do I
> remove the radio? I tried removing the trim around the radio and a/c
> controller and vents. I found 2 screws under the ashtray but that was all I
> could find.
> Any advice.
>
> Rob
>
>
>

Maybe ask at rec.audio.car
--
I. Care
Address fake until the SPAM goes away ;-}
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 18:01   #3 (permalink)
CJB
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 95 Ranger Radio

See the holes in the face along the sides? Those are made to receive a
simple, U shaped tool. Go to the parts store and ask for the radio removal
tool.

In all actuality, you can do it with coathangers, or just about anything
that'll go back in there. It's easier with the simple little tool tho.

CJB

"Rob" <bucfan11@SPAMearthlink.net> wrote in message
news:HBMkf.9985$wf.6804@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
> My radio seems to be losing the front speakers. (passenger side kicks in
> occasionally, drivers side sounds like it is blown sometimes.) How do I
> remove the radio? I tried removing the trim around the radio and a/c
> controller and vents. I found 2 screws under the ashtray but that was all

I
> could find.
> Any advice.
>
> Rob
>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2005, 20:01   #4 (permalink)
Rob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 95 Ranger Radio


"CJB" <brown_family@cox.net> wrote in message
news:lB4lf.11683$QW2.6585@dukeread08...
> See the holes in the face along the sides? Those are made to receive a
> simple, U shaped tool. Go to the parts store and ask for the radio
> removal
> tool.
>
> In all actuality, you can do it with coathangers, or just about anything
> that'll go back in there. It's easier with the simple little tool tho.
>
> CJB


Thanks
>
> "Rob" <bucfan11@SPAMearthlink.net> wrote in message
> news:HBMkf.9985$wf.6804@newsread3.news.atl.earthlink.net...
>> My radio seems to be losing the front speakers. (passenger side kicks in
>> occasionally, drivers side sounds like it is blown sometimes.) How do I
>> remove the radio? I tried removing the trim around the radio and a/c
>> controller and vents. I found 2 screws under the ashtray but that was all

> I
>> could find.
>> Any advice.
>>
>> Rob
>>
>>

>
>



  Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2005, 00:01   #5 (permalink)
Dave Mundt
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 95 Ranger Radio

Greetings and Salutations...

On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 01:20:39 GMT, "Rob" <bucfan11@SPAMearthlink.net>
wrote:

>My radio seems to be losing the front speakers. (passenger side kicks in
>occasionally, drivers side sounds like it is blown sometimes.) How do I
>remove the radio? I tried removing the trim around the radio and a/c
>controller and vents. I found 2 screws under the ashtray but that was all I
>could find.
>Any advice.
>
>Rob
>

As others have noted, there are two sets of holes on each side
of the radio. Go to Pep Boys/Autozone/etc and get the radio removal
tool. They are "U" shaped with small balls at the tips, and snap
right into the latch. At Pep Boys, they were $5 and change, and,
I would have paid twice that. I had fought with coat hanger hooks
for an hour with no success. the hanger wire was bending, or
one side would release and the other would not, and, it was
just an AMAZINGLY frustrating experience. WIth the right tool,
it took about 30 seconds.
Regards
Dave Mundt
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 18:01   #6 (permalink)
Rob
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 95 Ranger Radio


"Dave Mundt" <xmundt@ldktn.com> wrote in message
news:8paip15jt7f782qf0u86etr60doji6fdi6@4ax.com...
> Greetings and Salutations...
>
> On Mon, 05 Dec 2005 01:20:39 GMT, "Rob" <bucfan11@SPAMearthlink.net>
> wrote:
>
>>My radio seems to be losing the front speakers. (passenger side kicks in
>>occasionally, drivers side sounds like it is blown sometimes.) How do I
>>remove the radio? I tried removing the trim around the radio and a/c
>>controller and vents. I found 2 screws under the ashtray but that was all
>>I
>>could find.
>>Any advice.
>>
>>Rob
>>

> As others have noted, there are two sets of holes on each side
> of the radio. Go to Pep Boys/Autozone/etc and get the radio removal
> tool. They are "U" shaped with small balls at the tips, and snap
> right into the latch. At Pep Boys, they were $5 and change, and,
> I would have paid twice that. I had fought with coat hanger hooks
> for an hour with no success. the hanger wire was bending, or
> one side would release and the other would not, and, it was
> just an AMAZINGLY frustrating experience. WIth the right tool,
> it took about 30 seconds.
> Regards
> Dave Mundt


I too learned the hard way. The tool is worth its weight in gold.

Rob


  Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2005, 08:01   #7 (permalink)
tepintexas
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: 95 Ranger Radio

When you get the U-shaped removal tool it should be pushed in 1/4 to
1/2 inch and then spread *out* slightly at the U end of the handle.
This will release the spring-latches inside and you can then pull out
the radio. But, your problem may well be with the speakers themselves.
I just inherited a 1993 Ranger that sounded like you described. The
speakers in the doors were rotted out and the cones wobbling around.
If they do this too long the coils in the cones can go intermittant.
Either way, they sound bad and can come/go depending on whether the
cone gets stuck. Replacements are available at Best Buy and are sized
to fit Ford vehicles which use a non-standard size (6x8 I think).

  Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

  Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.2

All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:44.



Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
Garage Plus vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.