Ford Forums banner

Aerial Broken, how to fix it?

3K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  YOOT 
#1 ·
Hi everyone

Didnt know where to post this, in interior/audio, or mechanical. Anyways. Parked my car and work the other day (highpoint) car park. Some Basterd came along and snaped my aerial, and put it back in. Now it moves freely and i can pull it out. I got home, poped the bonnet, and i cant get to it. Can someone please explain how to get to the aerial, so i can remove it and put a new one in. I am gona put a electric one in now. I know how to do the wiring, its just getting to it which seems to be a problem.

Also, i carpeted my doors, yep, i had nothing to do this weekend so i put dark grey carpet. It looks ok, ill post some pics soon. i picked up this plush carpet, for 25 bucks a meter, 2 meters wide from www.tru-fitcarpets.com . They got shops in melb and syd, its a good place for people who want to be creative with there interior.

#2 ·
Turn the front wheels to the right and you will see a plastic panel in the wheels arch.
There is 2 clip holding it in. Get a screwdriver and bend them straight and pull the panel off, it's a bitch to get off just pull hard and try not to break it. Then you will see the antenna. Unscrew the bolt on top while holding the tube under the arch and pull it out.
Hope that helps.
Dan

#7 ·
I just replaced my aerial on an AU2,only th epull up push down type.Would you beleive the company that put em out has the wrong size rubber grommet thingy,it fits straight through the hole and into the cab.So i had to mess around with the original one for ages trying to fit it over the new socket.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.