Alarm Guru's: need help installing immobiliser - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2003, 05:25   #1 (permalink)
8 cylinder symphony

Alarm Guru's: need help installing immobiliser

Hey all,

I just picked my self up an immobilser and am having trouble understanding how to install it.

First off, it is a two point immobiliser. inside the actual unit are two black boxes (since its two point) which I assume are relays of some kind. off each box are two terminals (which arent marked +ve or -ve) off each of these terminals are two wires.

that is there is a total of four terminals each with two wires, so 8 wires in total. I assume that with regard to the two wires comming of each of the four terminals that one of them is to be used as a dummy wire....is this correct?

second, what two things should i immobilse (fuel pump and starter, starter and ignition or fuel and ignition), What will be the easiest?

third, how do I wire up the terminals off the relays since there is no +ve or -ve markings...do I wire in series with fuel pump/starter or what ever, or in parallel?

Finally, depending on wot you recommend to immobilse above, where should I tap into...do I need to do into the engine bay to source the feed or what?

thanks and sorry for the long post!!!

b-juggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2003, 06:26   #2 (permalink)

you need to cut the power line to the fuel pump and run this through "black box" most likely the wires that are unmarked, then I'm assuming +ve will go to a fuse from the battery, and the -ve will go to the immobilser switch which then goes to ground(ie; bare metal),this uses the least amount of wire and is safer as the switch will have less volts across it, the other box will do the same but with the stater motor, do all your wiring as far from the ingnition barrel as possible as this is the first place a theif would look.
slowjud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 06:26   #3 (permalink)

oh yeh, do it in parallel
slowjud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 22:20   #4 (permalink)
8 cylinder symphony

If I cut into the fuel pump line, and run through the box it will be in series though, not parallel right? then what do I do with the other terminal...

Not sure what you mean by connecting to battery....I should explain some more....as for power etc, there is a separate buch of wires that

1. earth both the black boxes,
2. Tap into the ignition
3. Source power for the unit (fused)

I am cool with these, just not sure how the two black boxes get wired up!

thanks again
b-juggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2003, 23:05   #5 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

If they are relays then you would have a negative and a positive for the relay to be able to switch, so the other 2 wires left would be the in and the out for the wire to be switched, so this would mean cut the wire you want in 2, then connect one side to one black wire and the otherside to the other black wire, if you do it where it can be easily accessed or found, then a theif wont be able to override it in a hurry.

Hope that makes sense.

Dellboy999

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security

Related Reading: Alarm Guru's: need help installing immobiliser