Alarm wiring > NF2 - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2002, 21:19   #1 (permalink)
Ex Member

Alarm wiring > NF2

My brother gave me an aftermarket alarm from his AU classic when he upgraded it. it works in conjunction with the existing smart lock.

Is this likley to work with mine or should i not even bother?

its a LaserLine SL09701

where do all the wires go? is there anywhere that would have a circut diagram?

thanks
Fairlane Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-05-2002, 06:22   #2 (permalink)

Basically, you can get any aftermarket alarm to work along side the smartlock module.
I think though, what you are more likely after, is how to get the alarm to do the little things such as turn on the interior light when its disarmed, switch it off when its armed, lock / Unlock doors, and open the boot.
There are other features you can try and intergrate the alarm with, but these depend on the functions of the alarm.
(Eg auto door locking when car is in motion (Anti hijacking), auto unlocking doors and lighting interior lamps when car stopped, and ignition off. Automatically winding up windows when alarm is armed, etc etc.

Anyway, first thing you will definitely need is a wiring diagram for the alarm. Something I havent got for this model.

Secondly, you must not wire the cutout relay on the alarm, to any of the smartlock data lines, from the ignition key, to the smartlock, and also from the smartlock, to the EEC module.
Smartlock already has a relay to the starter motor, so wiring the alarm cutout relay to this line may be usless.

If you want further info then send me an email, as I have done this to 2 EF's so far. Not hard, but takes a long time to wire !!!
Xyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2002, 18:29   #3 (permalink)
Ex Member

Thanks,

I've contacted laserline for a circut diagram, for once something is based here in western australia.

I'll try it out, if i dont succeed, ill take it to an installer.

Cant wait to get rid of this tacky 3rd party imobiliser that was foolishly installed. 2 remotes on 1 key ring is realy not on :)
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security