Ford Forums banner

Amp and speaker q's

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  EFFalcon 
#1 ·
Hey guys, it seems theres quite a few ppl here who know a fair bit when it comes to car audio stuff...hope someone can help

Im currently upgrading my EL's soundsystem...ive got a JVC SX985 deck or something like that...says 4x52 on the front (i know thats not rms power though), it also has separate sub outs as well

Ive also got a Blaupunkt V450 4 channel amp, but it also has a number of configurations you can use it as: 4x 50W or 2x 50 +1x 130W or 2x 130W

What im thinking of doing is getting some jaycar 6" splits for the front and running them off the deck, then getting 6x9's or 6" for the rear and also getting an 8" sub for the parcel shelf to fill the hole aready there...these i want to run off the amp, with im guessing the sub-outs off the deck and the rear pre-outs...i thought i could use the amp in the 2x50 +1x130W mode but looking at the amp manual today im a bit confused......could someone point me in the right driection with this. i just want a decent soundsystem i can crank up reasonably loud and still be nice a clear...so dont want stacks of amps etc..

heres the page fromthe manual showing the hookups..
http://www.users.bigpond.com/snoboarder/untitled.jpg

would what ive proposed end up ok? how would i go about the amp connections...the manual is a bit vague, they are taking the pre-outs and putting to the amp and then it splits the sub off that...not with a sub-out from the deck....i would preferably want to use the sub-outs and then i can control the sub volume separately from the headunit
if anyones got any suggestions that'd be great..hope this makes some sense

See less See more
#2 ·
I would probably run the splits and rear speakers off the amp you have now and then get a couple of 10 inch subs and an amp to run them. A couple of other threads on here have said that any reasonable sub in the parcel shelf will cause too many rattles like the high mount brake light and the centre seatbelt. 2 10 inch subs in the boot would give you good base definition. However another option is to get good 6x9 speakers. When they are run off an amp they actually provide reasonable bass and clarity. I had a set just running off the head unit and then just recently put an alpine amp in for them. The sound quality was amazing. Best money I ever spent. Anyway hope that helps you

#3 ·
I think most people will probably say the same thing, but if your planning on getting a sub then don't go 6x9's.
Also 6x9's will require spacers or cutting of the parcel shelf, which can make it unroadworthy due to having to remove the baby seat mounts or what ever they are.

i'd get the fronts u'r looking at, a 10" sub and run some rears off the headunit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.