Amplifier Help - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-15-2003, 00:55   #1 (permalink)
brenlam

Amplifier Help

I was given an amplifier today for free. It seems to work but i need to know how to connect it up. I was thinking about putting it under the drivers seat on some sort of bracket. I can figure out how to do that but i may need some info on how to wire the damn thing. It is a MOTORPRO AG 7190 60 Watts x 2 (not much i know but it was free). I am gonna run it off the standard EA head unit for a month or so til i get a CD Player. There is space for 4 speakers on the amp (8 wires which is all good), a power lead, a car chassis ground wire????, a normal ground wire?????, and 4 other grey wires that connect into the head unit ( my head unit only has 2 channels though). Will this work and do i only connect 2 of the grey wires or all four and just double them up? Also I am not too sure what the ground leads do or where they go so any help on that would be good also.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-15-2003, 08:41   #2 (permalink)

Sounds like it might be some form of a factory amp for a car that uses negative switching to switch the device on.

To get it to work properly, you may need to get a relay to act as a switch to supply ground to the normal ground wire when the radio is switched on. I'll make a diagram later and post it here so it will make more sense. Hopefully.

When you say theres 8 wires which is all good, does it have these wires that hang out of the amp?

And does it have RCA plugs on it? Or do you just wire the speaker wires from the deck straight into the amp?
Old 01-15-2003, 19:26   #3 (permalink)

Heres a dodgy diagram I made.

I'm not particularly sure about the relay wiring, but I'm sure Xyphoid can let us know if it will work.

Cheers
Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg amp.jpg (18.6 KB, 47 views)
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security