Ford Forums banner

Antenna help!

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Dellboy999 
#1 ·
have just baught an "aerpro" replacement mast for my AU as it didnt properly retract whenever the ignition was turned off

id just need to replace the mast itself and not the entire motor and everything right?

and if so, how do i go about disconnecting the existing mast from the plastic toothed belt and then attaching the "belt" to the new mast?? the replacement has f**k all instructions

or do i need to replace the entire thing?

#2 ·
DONT QUOTE ME HERE - Pull out the entire arial, then the bottom half unscrews, slot the new centre in, then do it up again, and re-install - this is from memory when helping out a garage of what was done on a volvo i think, so would asume the same.

Hope it help ???
Jason

#3 ·
Dellboy999 said:
DONT QUOTE ME HERE - Pull out the entire arial, then the bottom half unscrews, slot the new centre in, then do it up again, and re-install - this is from memory when helping out a garage of what was done on a volvo i think, so would asume the same.

Hope it help ???
Jason

theres still the matter of somehow disconnecting the old mast from the "belt" then reconnecting the new one to it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.