AU 6 Stack In Dash Stacker - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-17-2004, 19:30   #1 (permalink)
FPV Tasmania Member

AU 6 Stack In Dash Stacker

I have in my T3 TS50 a 6 stack in dash stacker. On the weekend i decided to change all the CDS, I hit the eject button, the frist disk came out, then the second etc
Till i trid to get the 5th disk out, it has obviously only come half way out, or someting, so i cant play and discs, put any in, or eject any. All the CDs were bought CD's , no copied Discs.
The ford dealer here says the need to take the system out of the car, and return t to melbourne, to remove discs,
Does anyone have any other ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-18-2004, 08:20   #2 (permalink)
AUTS50 #012

Re: AU 6 Stack In Dash Stacker

I was going to replace my headunit (no CD) with a series II in-dash stacker unit, untill I spoke to a few people who knew about them. The 6 disc in-dash stacker mechanism in the sII and sIII AU's are apparently a very poorly designed unit and once they start to play up, will continue to break down thereafter.
012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2004, 14:23   #3 (permalink)
FPV Tasmania Member

ohh great
thanks for the good news
just what i need
Old 10-18-2004, 19:05   #4 (permalink)
AUTS50 #012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS50
ohh great
thanks for the good news
just what i need
Sorry mate, but as I said, I have no first hand experience with the in dash stacker units, as my TS50 only has tape and a 6 stacker in the boot. Only going on what I have been told and what I've heard.

That's exactly how I felt when I heard of the problems these units have, as I wanted to replace my sI headunit with a sII/sIII unit. Maybe other members here will comment on their experiences with the sII and sIII in-dash 6 stacker units to give you a better idea. Anyone?
012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 04:30   #5 (permalink)
.au member

We have one, and in the 2+ yrs we've had it, it has only stuffed up once, and that was from Dad getting a bit too quick at loading it.

If you can work out where the CD is actually stuck, try getting a flat, dull object (like a small screwdriver) and prying it out. I know that sounds downright stupid, but it worked for us and its left no issues afterwards, just use it to help get the CD moving again and it should be fine.

Failing that, any half decent car radio installer should be able to get it out for you for a minimal fee (if theyre any good, its a 30 second job). Ive seen a guy do it here once and it took him all of 10 seconds - and it was the same problem, disc was stuck.

AUGZMK, do you have any idea if the boot stacker is compatible with the 6 disc in dash unit? I highly doubt it is, but it might be a good way to double your CD capacity .
Old 10-19-2004, 04:44   #6 (permalink)

frown Re: AU 6 Stack In Dash Stacker

This is what happened to me just last week:-

In Dash 6 Stacker - Standard Ford Model.

I was listening to a CD when it went a bit 'funny' skipping and playing fast, then it just stopped.

It wont eject, play, skip or change CD. The radio works fine but will switch back to CD every 30 seconds or so, not play any cd then switch back to radio. (and so on and so on...)

So now on the drive back from the shops a few hours later, i turn off the unit because I am sick of pressing the FM button every 30 seconds, and about 5 mins later it make a wirr and eject a CD (not the one that jammed) !

So I turn the unit back on and to CD and it plays fine. I changed CDs and still fine. I loaded the CD that ejected - played perfectly.

been fine for at least a couple of days now (sigh)

2000 AUII Fairmont - Dual Fuel
FamilyWagonMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security