AU stereo security code - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2002, 05:50   #1 (permalink)
Barrj

AU stereo security code

Recently purchased a second hand factory AU Falcon CD unit for my AU Falcon to replace the factory radio/cassette player.
However I didn't realise that I needed the audio security code for the vehicle that the unit came out of. There is no serial number on the unit and the person whom I purchased it from doesn't return my calls. Is there any way of discovering the security code for the unit?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2002, 07:22   #2 (permalink)

Probarly not unless someone has a crack for this particular system, which im sure there would be a crack for it.
BIGBADAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 23:18   #3 (permalink)
300+rwkw DC LTD Member

The reson they have the code is to prvent theft. The only way to get the code is to day the car that it was in to Ford and they'll give you the code. I doubt they'll give it to you with the original code. They stopped doing this as ppl with stolen units were getting the codes over the desk....

If you can't, you now own an expencive paper weight...
Stereo by ///Alpine
LTDHO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2002, 23:58   #4 (permalink)

Post Edited by Matti on 03-01-03

Due to the security concerns outlined below, I have deleted the information that was previously posted up here.

If anyone is interested in the proceedure to reset the Pin, then email me on
FordMods@tpg.com.au

I dont know if the proceedure works (Most Probably doesnt), as I have NEVER needed to try it myself.

Matti
Xyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 00:03   #5 (permalink)

Yeah one of them should work, im sure i read somewhere that there was a crack like that, or there could even be a particular code that works on every radio< who knows!
Old 01-01-2003, 05:12   #6 (permalink)
Bourbon powered V8

Personally, I hope it doesn't work. Just from the point of view that if it does, this is now on the forum for all crooks to see, which makes every AU a potential target!

AU1 XR8 Auto 147.9 rwkw (approx 215 fwkw)

AU2 Wagon HAD Auto
17s, Pacemakers, 3" Intake & Pod filter (The Family Hack)

Member of:
FPV-XR Club ACT
AUFalcon.com
ATPS (honorary)
JC-XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2003, 15:54   #7 (permalink)

Yeah true JCV8 but yeah ive had another look and i reckon it would only work on older type radios.
Old 01-03-2003, 21:21   #8 (permalink)
Busdriver

Re: AU stereo security code

Quote:
Originally posted by Barrj
Recently purchased a second hand factory AU Falcon CD unit for my AU Falcon to replace the factory radio/cassette player.
However I didn't realise that I needed the audio security code for the vehicle that the unit came out of. There is no serial number on the unit and the person whom I purchased it from doesn't return my calls. Is there any way of discovering the security code for the unit?
If he won't return your calls ring the police and give them his address, or whatever details you have, telling them you believe that he is dealing in stolen goods.

Next time be careful who you deal with I guess.

You need to get either the vehicle SIDO number or the unit's serial number. Good luck.
Old 01-03-2003, 22:09   #9 (permalink)
Barrj

AU Stereo security code

I went to the Police about it yesterday. Basically there were not interested. I gave them the woman's mobile telephone number and name - and they were not interested as they could not confirm the CD player was stolen!

The seller still doesn't return my calls so it looks like they are home free.

Anyone know how to get an address from a mobile telephone number?

BJ
Old 01-05-2003, 13:11   #10 (permalink)
BrightEyes

Yeh, typical eh - just too busy out catching people for speeding - no time to waste on crims.

There was a reverse phone directory going around a while back but I don't know if it had mobiles - also there was a lot of controversy about it so it might be "lost" now.

If you have a "friend" with Optus/Telstra/Voda/Whoever they might get the owner details for you.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security