AU1 Stereo Audio Input options? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2005, 04:13   #1 (permalink)
Byrnesie

confused AU1 Stereo Audio Input options?

Hey guys
I have just bought myself an AU1 Fairmont (pick it up on monday :D)
Just a quick question, im thinking of putting a "CarPC" in (nice little 8" touch screen hooked up to a specially designed computer running either MediaEngine or some custom software im writing myself - dodgy at the moment).
I want to keep the stock system in there so i dont have to fill the double-din hole-in-the-dash up (i was thinking a motorised fold out touch screen and a nice new deck but $$$$ and some other things come into mind), and I was wondering if the stock system has any way of connecting up an audio input?
The system is the type with the cassette in dash and a 6 stacker in the boot.

If the system doesnt have an auxillary input i was thinking of these options:
*using an FM Modulator to convert the sound into a radio station, but this will mean loss of quality
*go old-skool and use one of those adapters they used to use to put discmans into the tapedecks - audio quality again <GRR>
*find out where the audio is sent from the stacker to the head unit and splice in there, and either have a switch so i can just whack it on playing cds and listen to the pc and the unit will think its playing cds, or trick the system into thinking the stacker is playing when it isnt

Just wondering what everyone else out there knows/thinks?

Thanks
Matt
byrnesieAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2005, 00:15   #2 (permalink)

Re: AU1 Stereo Audio Input options?

Just replace the head unit with the Carputer

Panda
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security