Ford Forums banner

AU2 radio wiring diagram

13K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  hockings 
#1 ·
Hi All,
I bought the (Gregories?) guide book for my AU2-sports on the weekend and was looking at the wiring diagram for the original stereo which I'm replacing. The original stereo is a 2DIN single CD model. The colours of the wires as shown in the wiring diagram are different to the connector to the stereo.

Can someone please supply my with the wiring colours for the power antenna and accessories wires. I'll be running my own power and speaker wires so those two are all I think I need to know.

Thanks!

#3 ·
ok russ looks like you can help me too (sorry to hijack thread)

am missing the mute wire on the blue mobile phone adaptor plug under the steering wheel

easiest way i can see is to run a wire from the mute at the back of the head unit (au2 6 stacker) down to the blue plug

any help on which one is the mute?
cheers

#4 ·
Thanks very much for the reply. I am still not clear exactly on which wires I need to connect to what.
The new stereo has a wire it says to connect to "either the control terminal of the motor antenna or the power terminal for the booster amplifier of the film type antenna". We have narrowed the existing wires from the original radio relating to the power aerial to Light Blue / White and Red / Blue. Can you tell me which of the two I should connect my power aerial cable off my new stereo to?

Any replies VERY appreciated!!!!

#5 · (Edited)
I have the haynes manual for the AUs from 98 to 2000. i would hope that the wiring for the radio did not change after that, but it may have.

Hockings - you want the red/blue one according to the diagram I have. It goes from the radio plug to the BCM and then onto the power antenna motor via either a red/white or yellow/green wire. Also from the BCM, there is a black/yellow wire which goes to the power antenna switch. Good luck working all of this out (I'm lost!).

Falkeen - yours is a bit easier as there is only one choice - it is the Light Green wire from the radio plug. (The other wires are a light blue/Yellow and a Pink wire which should go to the mobile phone plug).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.