AU2 Stereo Head unit Aftermarket options - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2001, 08:24   #1 (permalink)
NZXR8

AU2 Stereo Head unit Aftermarket options

I have recently moved up from an EL xr6 to an AU2 xr8 and am looking at what options are available regarding upgrading the stereo system. Silly question but does the standard 100w system have pre outs for adding amp etc. if not has anyone used an aftermarket head unit that integrate with the steering wheel controls?

If you don't use the steering wheel controls for volumes etc.. does the set speed function still work?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2001, 22:11   #2 (permalink)
Ford Member

hi
the stereo has no rca outputs for an amp the steering wheel controls wont work woth an after market stereo yes the over speed will work
johnmans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2001, 20:56   #3 (permalink)
exodius

try jvc/clarion/pioneer or alpine decks.
they usually can integreate with most stereos.

www.hifidirect.com.au for cheap audio
Old 11-26-2001, 06:41   #4 (permalink)
Snerlo

I have an AU2 XR8 and have left the standard stereo in. All I did was transfered my two 10" subs over along with the amp. I put a line convertered hooked up to the back speakers and it sounds beautiful. More than enough for most people. Face the subs forward and the standard system keeps up nicely. It was really cheaply done. About $50 for the line converter plus the cost from my equipment which came out of my last car. I'm sure you would be surprised if you tryed this method first. If not happy, then go for the whole change.
v8snerlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2001, 17:08   #5 (permalink)
NZXR8

Thanks v8snerlo, I still have the amps, channel divider , 12' sub tube and 200watt rear speakers I pulled out of the xr6 prior to selling so It's almost a shame not to use them, It was a nise sound. But yeh for $50 it would be worth a listen.

Cheers
Old 11-30-2001, 17:57   #6 (permalink)
BSR Field Agent

The Ford Premium sound system only runs on high pass wiring anyway so you will be running a similar set up with the line converter. Your voltage from the H/Unit will be very low though. However it is a cheap way to get your sub up and running again..

Nipper.
Nipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security