audio Q again - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2002, 20:29   #1 (permalink)

audio Q again

just wondering, if you had a speaker going and the volume in the car was measured as 50db and you add another speaker runnning exactly the same would you then measure 100db in the car or what ?
jamesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-12-2002, 22:22   #2 (permalink)
ben

not if you parallel it to the same line. If you run the identical signal to another amp, and speaker at the same the total SPL would 53dBa with the added speaker, if the original signal measured 50dBa.

ben
ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 11:39   #3 (permalink)
rmyers1

hehe

Yeah that's what I used 2 think, but making your system twice as loud only raises it 3db's. so 53db's is twice as loud as 50db's, 56db's is twice as loud as 53db's and so on. Just imagine sitting in the loudest car on earth which measures 175.3db's! Uses twelve 15" RFHX2's, (same sub I've got). It has two amps per voice coil, that's 4 amps per sub, cant remember what the sub was rated at though.
Old 03-13-2002, 14:40   #4 (permalink)
Looking in YOUR bathroom.

Re: hehe

the RF 15" Punch HX2's are rated at 500wrms
RF 15" Power HX2's are rated at 1000wrms

that world reccord is looking quite unstable, as people are hitting 170.8db with one DigitalDesigns 15" subwoofer, and 172.x with 2 of them.....imagine 12 of these

theoretically it would be 180db+

Ill take it as a complement i think.............
Walkinshaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2002, 14:44   #5 (permalink)
EAofWAR

Yeah me again with the physics, and ppl have beaten me, damn you, there right though, it will be a difference of 3dB, however i think there a little wrong when it come down to 3 or 4 or 5 etc, i made that mistake years ago on test, i think. Not that it will matter it will give a rough indication, it workz for 2 speakers so who cares right.
Old 03-13-2002, 18:48   #6 (permalink)
rmyers1

fvck

170db's from 1 15" sub?!. Firstly how big is this car, because you probably wouldn't be able to fit more than two in it.

Also, how much are they rated at, because the amount of power needed to power this 15 must be enourmous, which probably restricts the amount of subs they can have in one car.

Just to be nitpicky, is there such thing as a punch HX2, because I thought that the punch series was named HE2, and the power was called HX2, I may be wrong, I would have to look it up to be certain. It uses 12 power series subs. They can really take some abuse, and their fvcking HEAVY!!!
Old 03-14-2002, 00:09   #7 (permalink)
ben

Re: fvck

ill make u guys a deal

if i find some ****en accredited website that explains what the **** a Bell is, will you go read it, and stop quoting ****en decibels as a calibrated unit ? :)

cheers

ben
ben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2002, 11:18   #8 (permalink)
LET EM' RIPPP

LOL
Old 03-24-2002, 23:14   #9 (permalink)

just wondering, with my 8 inch subs, i use them because i like the sharp punchy bass, on the amp if i put the selector onto low-pass the subs rumble, which sounds crap. i keep it on flat(no crossover) now what im wondering is if that low rumble is always trying to be played by the subs and if i use a crossover to cut it somewhere will i getter a better (louder?)sound where i want it. (wherever the sharper bass sound is)
hopefully someone can work out what i mean
the speaker range is 34hz-3.5khz
jamesk is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security