BA XR6-T Sound - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2004, 03:43   #1 (permalink)

roll BA XR6-T Sound

I am aware of 3 (or 4) audio options with a new BA XR6-T. I need to decide on the audio before I make my purchace. The local dealer could not help me.
I want to know the differences between the 3 systems? I also want to know which will lend themselfs to adding extra amps and subs (without replacing head unit). Do any of the 3 have output (rca or high-level)?

Thanks a lot, Tim
veczar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-27-2004, 00:38   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

Re: BA XR6-T Sound

if you are getting your car built for you and not something already built .. I will say just one thing :

PREMIUM SOUND .. do not get anything less. I don't know about the outputs but the systems don't lend themselves to upgrading or anything useful so get the best you can.
xacoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2004, 08:59   #3 (permalink)
BAD BSR BOY WITH THE LENS

Quote:
Originally Posted by veczar
I am aware of 3 (or 4) audio options with a new BA XR6-T. I need to decide on the audio before I make my purchace. The local dealer could not help me.
I want to know the differences between the 3 systems? I also want to know which will lend themselfs to adding extra amps and subs (without replacing head unit). Do any of the 3 have output (rca or high-level)?

Thanks a lot, Tim
I'm afraid your out of luck your car will never sound like a V8 (might go faster , but will never sound like one ).ask Gary .
Maybe palying a V8 sound might work but I wouldnt know . Great pills Rob :)
got any more ?
Old 07-10-2004, 16:49   #4 (permalink)
I am a Turbo Wanker

Mate - you can upgrade the system. Just get the standard audio and fit a new headunit that runs parrallel to the current one, the standard unit can sit there with no speakers plugged in, and just install the separate sytem around it, I am doing this today as I speak, its no different to anyother car.

Your wasting you money on premium sound - I have a $2000 stereo from my old car that is going in my ute, and it all looks factory and is 1 million times better than the premium joke. Ofcourse the colour screen is cool, but the wafer thin speakers suck! As does the little amp for the little sub! I will post all the pics soon. Its lookgin great!
Old 07-10-2004, 20:39   #5 (permalink)

IMO get the preminium sound.
Then replace the front speakers with something like rockford fosgates 6 x 8 ...yes they will fit.
Then replace the amp with someting different and if you dont want to change the look of your car get a good quality 8" sub (audiobahn maybe).
Even just changing the front speakers will improve.

Cragin
Old 07-11-2004, 01:57   #6 (permalink)
Go Nuts in Your Falcon

So 6*8's fit in the front, or is that a misprint? so far on my bro's XRT we have changed the rear speakers and added an amp to run them, but the premium sound sub remains for now. My bro wants to change the fronts but hasn't looked into it much yet. He doesn't want to modify any interior panels or anything, but wants better fronts. How much are these rockford fosgates?

Paul
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2004, 04:44   #7 (permalink)

The speakers were $269.00 pr model FRC4368 I think and yes they are 6 x 8
Old 07-11-2004, 05:28   #8 (permalink)
Go Nuts in Your Falcon

Thanks mate. appreciate the info. :)
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security