Ford Forums banner

Best 10" sub for SQ

5K views 7 replies 8 participants last post by  Lion Tamer 
#1 ·
this is for the peopel who already know their stuff when it comes to subs and car audio in general, whats a good ten inch sub that needs a smallish sealed box to sound good and that isnt 1000w RMS, only somethign around the 500 or so watt area. anyone have tens that they are particularly happy with ? let me know what u have, how u thin kit rates, how much it was/is, box size if u know it and what u think a good ten is..

#2 ·
now this is going back awhile but when i was competing in SQ i used a boston pro 10.
Cost me around the $400 mark 9 years ago (and still works fine)
Takes a 1.2 ft box.

But if I were doing it today Id have to look at the Focal stuff or some Morell stuff

#5 ·
Soon as I have the Cash I'm looking at Focal 27KX 11" K2 power Series. $860 Retail! Gonna run this on a Soundstream Van Gogh VGA 800.2 most probably.

Single 4 Ohm V/C so can be run off A Class Amps, rather than D Class monoblock.

(for S/Q you want to be running 4 ohm or higher impedance anyway, definatly NOT 1 Ohm!!)

Currently running a Alpine Type R DVC 12".. not that exciting, but it's better than most subs in the $300 price range.. I tried about 6 different branded subs (all high end brand names too) in my car before settling on this for the meantime.

the 27KX 11" needs 300W Nominal, or 600W Max. (obviously you can put more in if you feel like it though.)

I'm currently running Focal K2p's 6.5 inch splits front stage in my BA Ute, $880 retail.. but worth every cent (using a Soundstream VGA500.4 amp to drive them 250 watts RMS per side Bi wired 125x4 w/active x/over)

if your on a budget, the Focal 27A 11" Access Series is $389 Retail
or mid range Focal 27V2 11" Polyglass V2 series is $570.00 Retail

Obviously you won't pay retail prices if your a smart shopper.

If your plain Crazy.. Focal Utopia 27WX is $1052 Retail.. hahaha
They claim these are more for Classical/jazz ect.. so decide what your trying to play.. the K2 Power series are the most versatile, similar Clarity to Utopia's but with the Power and Abuse capability for Techno/Dance/Rock/Metal music, but will still play Jazz/Classical fantastically, within stuff all of the Utopia's.

Regards
Juls

#6 ·
Utopia
DD9510
ADS
Boston Pro
Dynaudio
Morel
MBQuart Refrence Premium 10
and basicaly the ultimate
Adire Brahma 10

Out of that list id take a 9510 or Brahma 10, both however are $1500ish.

#8 ·
Infinity Kappa Perfect 10.1 (had 2 previously, deep yet punchy between 1/2 to 1 cuft box) 350 wrms

Eclipse 73 71 and 81 series subs between 300 - 500 wrms (currently running 2 of the 71 series in my car off an boston gt22 amp (350 rms @ 4 ohm)

As for the Type R's, im an alpine dealer, Type S go better for the price in sq an need less power and smaller box

Phoenix Gold Xenon 300 -500 wrms

Just a few in addition to the last 2 posts

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.