Ford Forums banner

Cd stacker

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  davway 
#1 ·
Hi i have a AU XLS ute and it has a button for a cd stacker. It doesnt have the stacker fitted but i want to chase one up. Does anyone know the model number or what type of brand it is. Can a stacker play mp3? I dont have the books so i cannot look it up myself. Thanks Slippen

#2 ·
i got my 6 stacker from ford for my AU. cost about $900 in 2001. the stacker goes under the passenger seat which i think is a better idea than the boot..not that this would apply to you anyway. no they dont play MP3 or RW but they do play CDR. i dont believe that the 6 stacker hooks upto the basic tape/radio deck as they usually come in the double DIN (i think this is the term) head unit. basically the little coin/card tray under the radio will not be there after the unit is installed. dont know the number but go to the service desk at your local ford and enquire....maybe they dont sell them any more but then again they might. they should be cheaper now anyway.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.