cd stacker on EL - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2002, 16:28   #1 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

cd stacker on EL

Were and how is the stacker mounted on the EL.

A pic would be fantastic.
WINGED is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2002, 17:52   #2 (permalink)

The standard stacker is mounted on the rear parcel tray, on the passenger side.
It has a black bracket, that is kinda like a big U.
Four bolts are fixed on this bracket, (IE for security reasons, you cannot remove the brakcet from inside the boot), and the only way to remove it is by removing the rear parcel tray carpet, and bits.
The stacker is mounted on the bracket, using 4 or 6 standard screws, which screw in to the stacker from the top.
The only way to seperate the stacker from the bracket is to remove the bracket from the vehicle first.

I have replaced the standard stacker with a Sony unit, but I am still using the black bracket that came with the Ford stacker.
I will get some pictures of it tonight for you, and post them to give you a better idea of what I am going on about

Cheers
Matt
Xyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 19:34   #3 (permalink)
Experienced Ford Member

is the plug on the back of the deck square or round.

Thanks for your help mate.
WINGED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2002, 20:16   #4 (permalink)
Not Fast Enough, Dammit!

Quote:
Originally posted by WINGED
is the plug on the back of the deck square or round.

Thanks for your help mate.
I'm pretty sure its round, XYPHOID will be able to tell you for sure though
Old 03-10-2002, 21:31   #5 (permalink)

Hmmm Sorry, I made a mistake with the Bracket, and the standard stacker.
The bracket bolted in to the stacker from the sides.
I cant remember what sort of screws were used, etc etc..

The bracket brings the stacker down, so as it sits level with the boot sill. (I think its about 1.5 to 2 inches from memory.

Anyway, here is 1 pic to give you some idea...
(Damm its hard to get in there to get a good shot !!!!)

(P.S. the holes and screws coming down from the bracket to the stacker were added by me, and are not standard.
Old 03-10-2002, 21:52   #6 (permalink)

This pic will give you some idea of where the stacker sits, in regards to the Boot position. (I.E. the height).

P.S. the connector for the stacker that plugs in to the deck is square:crazy1: (I know the connector that plugs in to the back of the stacker is round !) Nice way to confuse ppl I guess ???

This connector is located at the bottom right on the DSP on the premium sound system (Other side to the round amp connector 1 of 2 connectors),

For the mid series system it is located on the Bottom right on the back of the deck, (1 of 3 square Connectors)

On the premium sound system (Back of it), the round connector is for the amplifier, mounted in the boot.

I dont have the Premium deck, or stacker in front of me at the moment, so I am only going by the workshop manuals description of where things are.... But I will be visiting my olds place sometime this week (Where I have this stuff safely stored), and check this out further if you wish ??

Cheers
Matt
Old 03-11-2002, 04:47   #7 (permalink)

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Xyphoid

I have replaced the standard stacker with a Sony unit, but I am still using the black bracket that came with the Ford stacker.
I will get some pictures of it tonight for you, and post them to give you a better idea of what I am going on about

Cheers
Matt
[/QUOTE

Did you have a problem with the std stacker?
Did the sony stacker interface with the std head unit?

have you still got the original stacker? I have a mate that has just bought a EF that is looking for the std ford stacker.
Let me know if it is available.
batbo6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 15:06   #8 (permalink)

I have original Ford stacker from '92/'93 Fairlane in my EF XR. Originally I had it hooked to an Alpine head in an ED. Now it's in the XR plugged to the factory head unit.

The Ford stacker for that model is an Alpine unit. An Alpine stacker will hook up to the EL head unit. With a genuine Alpine stacker you will probably need an adapter for the lead at the head end as the Ford head is square plug, Alpine head's have round like the stacker end.

I think the Fairmont etc in EL actually had the real mccoy Alpine in the boot rather than a Ford stickered version. Find an Alpine dealer and chat with them, they've probably done a few and you've got more chance of finding a stacker.
AJ's XR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2002, 16:23   #9 (permalink)

The reason why I changed the standard stacker was that I had a very good Sony Head Unit, and Sony Stacker at the time.
I was surfing the web, and found the clarion in-dash T.V.

The T.V. could connect up to the Sony deck, by using a Sony Bus multi link adaptor.

Anyway, that meant that the Premium deck had to go, and the Sony and Clarion were fitted in its place.
The Ford FMT/Alpine stacker could not be connected to the Sony head unit, because there would have been no way to control it. (I.E. the Sony Bus would not talk to a FMT/Alpine Bus).

The standard stacker bracket was modified to fit the Sony stacker.
The standard brackets for the sony stacker were not suitable, because of the lip in the boot, I.E. the stacker would have sat too far up inside the boot, and would have been a pain to get the magazine in and out.

As for selling the CD Stacker, I would prefer to sell the Stacker and the Premium Sound Deck together, as a Premium sound system without a stacker is of little use.
Also, its a big pain to remove the standard Stacker wiring from the vehicle, as the seats and carpets need to be removed, to properly get the cable out without damaging it.

Hope this helps
Cheers
Matt
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security