Central locking issues - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2004, 22:48   #1 (permalink)

Central locking issues

Ok, so I bought a central locking kit and the guy who sold it to me said that they are not too hard to install. He said that the rods attach easily in the vertical position and that there are pre-drilled holes for installation in an EA Falcon. I have found two pre-drilled holes for the front doors but they are too far apart to install the motors on and the pre-drilled holes on the rear doors seem to be horizontal and on the inside if the panel, futher, the rods are not long enough to connect with anything if the motor is fitted to these holes. What makes the job even more difficult is the fact that there are only installation instructions for the wiring - which isn't that complex - but none that indicate how to fit the motors. If there is anyone out there who can guide me through the process of fitting the motors to the door panels, I would be eternally grateful.
VMVEaFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2004, 04:37   #2 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

Re: Central locking issues

Ive installed central locking to about 400 ea b falcons..its a pain if you have never done it before..You will have to drill new holes to mout the motors and rip some of the plastic surrounds out if you want it to work...to screw onto existing bars!!
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2004, 05:45   #3 (permalink)

Thanx for the info. I thought I was going nuts when it wasn't obvious what to do. Already mutilated the plastic thing (seemed redundant anyway). Just a question, where should I drill the holes? The actuator seems to fit ok on the panel, just above the bottom cut out. Is that where they go?
Old 09-26-2004, 14:47   #4 (permalink)
Jim Mock You Rock

It isnt easy what you do is place the motor inside the door and loosely try to get the position right.Then try and drill the first self taper outside to hold the motor inside.Be carefull though to only drill into the slots and not damage the motor..
useless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2004, 00:44   #5 (permalink)
Da Da Dadada HEY dadadada

Dunno about EA falcons, but in my XF the rear doors needed the central locking actuator to be mounted horizontally to unlock, the rods that connect to everything are inside there anyway.
Schmaigz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 21:05   #6 (permalink)

Got it done. No problems once I knew what I was doing. Thanks to all who helped out with the information. I didn't do too badly for a girl - even if I do say so myself!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security