Ford Forums banner

climate control headunit

2K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  eafairmontghia 
#1 ·
hey all

ive been trying to get used to all the gadgets in my car and have found a prob with the climate control head unit

it will not switch from face, i mean the air wont come out of the top of the dash to demist the window and it wont come out at the feet, its just stuck at face,

would this the be headunit? if it is i can get one from the wreckers for $160,

will the black one from the eb (i think its from an eb) plug straight in and work?

thanks in advance

#2 ·
I doubt it's the unit. We had the same problem in mums EB except it was only demisting the front windscreen, it wouldn't blow from anywhere else. Can't remember exactly as it was about 5 years ago since we had the car but I have a feeling it was something to do with the suction?

#4 ·
It was a bit to fix back then. Shouldn't be too much now Not 100% sure.

As for the roadworthy aslong as your window is demisting (which is obviously is lol) it will pass. You don't have to have aircon if you want and it's not against the law not to have it;)

#5 ·
Normally this is just the vacuum hose has become disconnected. (It runs from the manifold to the aircon box, and the switching works off it).

The hose on my EA is too short, and whenever I do just about anything under the bonnet it gets knocked.... suddenly its only on demist.

#8 ·
just had a look and couldnt see anything, is it on the intake manifold side or the exhaust manifold side? if its the intake side i my veiw is blocked by the gas converter and i cant see down there

#10 ·
On mine its the second last point on the end of the inlet manifold. (The last being the fuel pressure regulator) - just before hitting the firewall.

As TIKFD6 said, its a small plastic hose (maybe 3-4 mm on the outside) which is quite hard - its not soft rubber. And will run from a hole near the top of the firewall on the passenger side of the cabin.... there should only be a couple that run from that area....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.