Ford Forums banner

Compatible Stacker for standard EL XR6 radio/CD

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  EFfutura 
#1 ·
Hi,

Does anyone know how much or where I can get a CD stacker that is compatible with a standard EL XR6 radio (it has a CD button so I assume a stacker can be plugged into it).

I asked Strathfield car radios, and they seemed very disinterested and said $580 for the stacker?! Seems incredibly overpriced!

Has anyone found a stacker to fit this model? If so, how much was it?

Thanks

#4 ·
Try Alpine. I have an AU XR6 with an Alpine CD stacker fitted (Model CHM-5620) and it works a treat.

It was in the car when I bought it so I can't give you any info on the installation etc.

Hope this helps.

#5 ·
I enquired about the same thing and Straithfield car ripoffs tried to sell me a new system. The Alpine CHM-S630 will plug into the head unit with the adaptor cable. I got it for $600 from Westside car audio, Cannington WA with the adaptor delivered from Perth to Sydney.
The original cable from the head unit to the boot was there but you still need to run the alpine cable because the adaptor is positioned at the head unit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.