Cover Plate for AU XR8 STEREO - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-16-2005, 18:50   #1 (permalink)

Cover Plate for AU XR8 STEREO

HI ALL,
I know the question has been asked before but I'll ask again.
I'm pulling out my in dash 6 stack system and putting my own head unit so I need a cover plate to cover the bottom half, went to Ford the other day and they tell me it's not a serviced part so they don't make anything.

I'm in Melbourne so any comment/advice would be great.
BLUPRNT XR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2005, 02:11   #2 (permalink)

Re: Cover Plate for AU XR8 STEREO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUPRNT XR8
HI ALL,
I know the question has been asked before but I'll ask again.
I'm pulling out my in dash 6 stack system and putting my own head unit so I need a cover plate to cover the bottom half, went to Ford the other day and they tell me it's not a serviced part so they don't make anything.

I'm in Melbourne so any comment/advice would be great.
What you need is the radio pocket that Ford use below the stereo unit in all the AUs with tape/radios. They cost around $20 from your local Ford dealer. They are only available in grey (used to be available in black as well), so you might want to paint it to suit your dash.

You might want to point this out to the Ford bloke you spoke to
SkaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 18:01   #3 (permalink)
'XR Machine'

cool Re: Cover Plate for AU XR8 STEREO

AGREE, im in S/E Melbourne and i have had my XR8 just recently deckd out!
Purchased the component from Coffee Ford In Dandenong, for $33.00 i believe, and yes... they only cum out in grey. Will need to re-spray black to suit rest of dash. What head-unit you looking at gettin? Cheers
Carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2005, 22:35   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlos
AGREE, im in S/E Melbourne and i have had my XR8 just recently deckd out!
Purchased the component from Coffee Ford In Dandenong, for $33.00 i believe, and yes... they only cum out in grey. Will need to re-spray black to suit rest of dash. What head-unit you looking at gettin? Cheers
Hi Carlos,
Thanks for the advice (u 2 SkaMan), I'm putting in a Pioneer DEH-P850MP with MB Quartz splits for the rear,AUDIOBAHN DUB1200 subwoofer, AUDIOBAHN 200watt 4ch. amp and a KICKER 1200.1 Mono amp.
Getting it installed in the next 2-3 weeks.
Old 04-20-2005, 00:07   #5 (permalink)

I think I saw one of those on ebay last week, might be worth a look.
smally351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 02:25   #6 (permalink)
8 cylinders of Ford muscl

Hi Guys, The pocket that you are referring to is only suitable for series one falcons, all series two's came out with double din HU's. I am assuming you have a S2 that is
AUXR8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2005, 03:52   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUXR8U
Hi Guys, The pocket that you are referring to is only suitable for series one falcons, all series two's came out with double din HU's. I am assuming you have a S2 that is

Mine is series 3, so does that mean it's not suitable?
Old 04-21-2005, 15:13   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUPRNT XR8
Mine is series 3, so does that mean it's not suitable?
It is suitable, I have done exactly what you are contemplating. I've got an AU Series III XR6, and I removed the double DIN factory headunit and installed an aftermarket single DIN headunit. The pocket fits in just nicely underneath the new H/U and looks great. (I actually didn't paint mine, the base colour matched the colour of my new H/U and the two look great together)

The reason everyone has been pointing out that the pocket comes from the Series 1 is that if you walk into your local Ford Service department and ask them for the pocket to suit a single DIN AU Series III, they'll say (correctly) there's no such thing.

If you specifically say that you want to buy the pocket that fits under the single DIN head unit in AU Series 1's, they'll have a better chance (try to use little words and don't make direct eye contact....them service blokes are a bit funny).

Panda
Old 04-21-2005, 22:16   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panda
It is suitable, I have done exactly what you are contemplating. I've got an AU Series III XR6, and I removed the double DIN factory headunit and installed an aftermarket single DIN headunit. The pocket fits in just nicely underneath the new H/U and looks great. (I actually didn't paint mine, the base colour matched the colour of my new H/U and the two look great together)

The reason everyone has been pointing out that the pocket comes from the Series 1 is that if you walk into your local Ford Service department and ask them for the pocket to suit a single DIN AU Series III, they'll say (correctly) there's no such thing.

If you specifically say that you want to buy the pocket that fits under the single DIN head unit in AU Series 1's, they'll have a better chance (try to use little words and don't make direct eye contact....them service blokes are a bit funny).

Panda
COOL
I know what you mean about the service guys at ford, WEIRD alright.
Old 04-28-2005, 17:00   #10 (permalink)
'XR Machine'

Panda is right. I have a series 2 XR8 and yes mine fitted in perfectly.
I would like to hear some feedback of what the system sounds like.
I am runnin the brand new JVC deck, 2x12 inch Pioneer Promo SUbs. Coustic 2 channel amp just for subs... pionner 4 channel amp for splits and 6x9 on parcel shelf.
I am more then happy with the result, all installed myself... and yes those pockets aren't too much trouble at all to install, just a problem purchasing of those service guys at ford...
If you do have any issues, go to your local JB HI-FI and they have the exact component shipped from ford, original...
Cheers,
Carlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security