Cutting up my ute for 12" sub!?!?!?! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2005, 02:06   #1 (permalink)

Cutting up my ute for 12" sub!?!?!?!

Hey guys...

At the mo my XH ute has a 12" sub under the tray on opposite side of my fuel tank... Sounds crap too much panel vibration and can't really hear the bass right...

I am planning on getting a slim like hard cover for my tray and now am looking at cutting through into the back between my driver and passanger seat and mounting the sub in there...

I'd prob have to get an engineer certificate and all... but would like any opinons on if its worth it or ill be wasting my time! And what would a cert cost todo something like that?

Cheers!
XH_99_JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-25-2005, 03:47   #2 (permalink)
Must not void insurance

Re: Cutting up my ute for 12" sub!?!?!?!

don't do it!!!!!!! Get an installer to make you a bandpass box to put in the well beside the fuel tank (under the panel in the tray area) port it through into the cabin... will sound awesome....

we did heaps of these installs and they sounded great
Old 05-26-2005, 04:28   #3 (permalink)

Re: Cutting up my ute for 12" sub!?!?!?!

In my XF Ute I have taken the wall behind the seats and moved it back level with the back window made a new flat floor with sides and back and sealed it from the tray area (so I don't get any petrol fumes/vapors in the cab) and put 2 12" DDDrive subs at either end in seperate boxes and it sounds and looks great.But I put in some extra bracing (2- 30nb 3mm wall pipe) from side to side and 3 suport beams (25-50-3mm wall RHS) along the back wall and it is as stiff as a house,but totally illegal.

My time again I would mount them under the tray like you have and just work at getting the box dimensions right and better sealing to harness vibration,like more screws and rubber strip to do the job.

I have wanted to try four 8" subs in there to compare against the 12"s but don't want to start over again with this ute as the tools and helmet slide in there nicely for weekends riding in the bush and no-one knows it's in there.

I wish I could afford a AU or BA ute.
MEX351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security