Do i need a CAP ??? - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
» Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2005, 04:58   #1 (permalink)
If Only I Had Lexus Power

Do i need a CAP ???

Hey guys,

At the moment i have the following system, Im after peoples opinions on what i should do

Kenwood Mp3 50 x 4 H/U

Clarion SRS1725 Splits with In-Line –6dB/oct Crossover Network

Response 150WRMS x 2 (Bridged to 400WRMS x 1) powering Sub

Sony Xplod XM222MK2 (35WRMS x 2) Powering the Splits only

Kenwood 12 in Component Sub (200WRMS)

I have 4G power cable running from the battery to a Distribution block then run 8G cables to each of the amps

Would my system benifit from a 1 farad Cap, I also want to install a Digital Voltage/Current Terminal block just to see what the voltages and amps are like

With my splits is there any benefit from installing a seperate adjustable crossover or isnt it worth it

On the sony amp there is no adjustments to the gain just a level adjustment, on the response amp i have all adjustments set to about 3/4 of the max settings give or take a little .

i have had the woofers in the splits starting to distort/Clip a little so have adjusted the level down a bit

I listen to alot of Dance, Electronica etc etc (The faster paced music) just so you know

Ps, I have also posted this on FF.com.au

Thanks,

Ash
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive
redGhia is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2005, 18:30   #2 (permalink)

Re: Do i need a CAP ???

Quote:
Originally Posted by redGhia
Response 150WRMS x 2 (Bridged to 400WRMS x 1)
You sure about that???

Quote:
Would my system benifit from a 1 farad Cap
Not really, not with those amps.

Quote:
With my splits is there any benefit from installing a seperate adjustable crossover or isnt it worth it
Yes. What you are doing at the moment is amplifing the whole signal, and then removing some of it (the bass). If you put a crossover before the amps, you will only be amplifing the signal that you want. (i.e. - more for less)

Panda
Old 05-23-2005, 07:26   #3 (permalink)

The old range of jaycar amps (not jaycar Responce) were rated at 400WRMS, What do you think they should be

I have decided aginst the cap after reserarcing it a bit more

Could you give me any advice on what crossovers i need, At the moment i am getting the feed for them from the high level input on the rear factory parcel shelf speakers, I know this isnt really desirable
Bugatti Veyron 16.4 ---- W 16 Configuration, Quad Turbo 1001 HP, 1250Nm, 4 Wheel Drive
Old 05-23-2005, 08:00   #4 (permalink)

Sorry i was wrong with the power rating of the amp, It is rated at 450WRMS X 1 when bridged into 4 Ohms with a THD of <0.08 @ 1 Khz

Max current draw is 56A, Why do u think that i am only drawing approx 20A from this amp and approx 12 fromn the baby sony unit

Sorry again

Ash
Old 05-23-2005, 23:18   #5 (permalink)

Feed everything from the RCA's (I assume your headunit has them?)

Panda
Old 05-24-2005, 03:11   #6 (permalink)

The headunit has only 1 lot of rca pre outs - What should i do (apart from buying a new HU
Old 05-24-2005, 05:16   #7 (permalink)
Go Nuts in Your Falcon

Quote:
The headunit has only 1 lot of rca pre outs - What should i do (apart from buying a new HU
CAnt u simply buy a splitter?
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 05:28   #8 (permalink)

the splitter wont fit in the space provided at the rear of the H/U so the only option would to be fitting it at the amp end and maybe redoing all the cabaling there, If i do buy a splitter isnt that going to half my voltage etc
Old 05-24-2005, 05:38   #9 (permalink)
Go Nuts in Your Falcon

you have to remember amplifiers are designed to work in a range of input voltages. yes it may (and i say may) slightly reduce your output, but it probably only means you will have to turn up the gain on the amp. to be honest i doubt it will have that much impact at all.
Just rewire it as you said and it should be perfect.

Paul
FordACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2005, 05:45   #10 (permalink)

so running the splits off the preouts will be a great improvement over running them from high level inputs , I thought so LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security