door holes in EF Falcon - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-14-2005, 22:28   #1 (permalink)

door holes in EF Falcon

simple question,

how big are the speaker holes in an EF Falcon? i would like to purchase some new splits, or coaxes but would like them to fit :)
greenieofdubbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-15-2005, 04:47   #2 (permalink)

Re: door holes in EF Falcon

The holes are 6" but will take a 61/2" with a thin mdf spacer just to help seal the speaker more than anything.Make the spacer out of what ever thickness the stock speaker recess is in the door.It's like 4 or 6 mm from memory but dead easy to do.

I've had a set a DDDrive splits in the front doors of our EF for about 6 or so years and they still sound great.Remember to put the tweeters in the stock locations in the dash and use blue tack or tape to trial them on different angles until you like the sound of them.The EF is a great car to add audio gear to as they have done all the hard work for you at the factory.

Same goes for the back deck 6" hole but will take a 61/2".I think the sub hole in the rear deck is 8" but could be wrong.A set coax's would be better in the back just for fill if you are going to run a set of splits up front and a sub too,but you would be able to put a pair of 6x9"s on spacers if you don't wan't to run a sub or two.

From memory all the factory speakers were pioneer aswell so it would be worthwhile going and having a listen to there new gear as a direct replacement.

Good luck.
MEX351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2005, 05:38   #3 (permalink)

Thanks. MEX351

i think ill go with some 6.5", after i make a small spacer, will the door trim sit back on good? ive seen cases where they dont sit very well afterwards. i assume the stock grill with still cover them?
greenieofdubbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2005, 04:12   #4 (permalink)

Yes the door trim will go back on without touching the speaker if the spacers are rather thin.But at the very worse you may have to smooth over the plastic heated joins to make more room,but I didn't have to on my car.

Some other speakers may be taller than my DDDrives but it may be worth while measuring each speakers hight to see if it will clear when you go looking for some.
MEX351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 10:51   #5 (permalink)

Thumbs up Re: door holes in EF Falcon

Thanx aswell...duf
1aca544 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security