EF Speaker dimensions - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2003, 02:49   #1 (permalink)

EF Speaker dimensions

Went to hb hifi and was looking at some spilts, but i don not want to cut the doors, he told me i coiuld only fit speakers with a depth of 45mm, and that i would only be able to get spilts if i cut the door? Any one else got kicker spilts in without modding the door? Also, Can i buy a new mp3 headunit and hook the stacker up to it, if so what brand? or can a cable be made to convert it to a jvc headunit?
screamerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-05-2003, 16:44   #2 (permalink)

Re: EF Speaker dimensions

I have a set of Alpine splits in my EF. I'm not sure what the mounting depth is, but they don't foul the window, and didn't require any modification.
With the tweeters, I just stuck them up on the little bit of plastic near the power window knob (I can take a pic if you need). All that was required to fit them there was I had to drill a hole through it to feed the cable.
I'm not 100% sure about the JVC, but you should be able to hook up a stacker to it. I don't know if they make an MP3 stacker though. If you hook up a regular stacker to an MP3 head unit, you'll only get MP3 capability at the head unit. JVC might make an MP3 stacker (check their website) but I know Alpine and Pioneer do.
:D
YXR-51X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2003, 10:39   #3 (permalink)
"Steve has a car?"

Re: EF Speaker dimensions

EF's can fit upto 6.5 inch drivers in the doors. Not sure on depth, but if this is a problem, some spacers can be made from MDF, but only a few mm as then the speaker would hit the door trim. Some brands make slimline splits especially made for situations such as yours. I was personally looking at a set of slimline focal polyglass splits to fit in my mates doors.
Old 12-08-2003, 04:27   #4 (permalink)

biggrin Re: EF Speaker dimensions

I ended up getting pioneer mp3 remote head unit, jbl 6.5 inch gt spilts in the front, jbl 6.5 3 ways in the rear, mtx 250 watts rms amp and pioneer 12 inch sub, with a sansiu amp powering the front splits all install for 1500, the sansiu amp and pioneer sub i already had though.

Its bloddy loud now.. had the tweeter mounted where the premium sound systems tweeter goes.

Heaps of room.
screamerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security