EL Falcon Radio Security Code Entry Procedure - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2005, 23:19   #1 (permalink)

EL Falcon Radio Security Code Entry Procedure

Does anyone know the procedure to follow to allow the entry of a Security Code in the car Stereo System on my EL Falcon Futura S pack. The system, although sold with the car, is not identical to any shown in the manual. It has a 6 CD stacker. I have the correct code confirmed by Ford and have seen it entered by a technician following a previous battery failure. However there was a procedure followed by the tech to set the unit up for the entry of the code. I can't remember it and can't find anyone at a local Ford dealer who does.

Can anyone help??
john003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2005, 07:08   #2 (permalink)

Re: EL Falcon Radio Security Code Entry Procedure

you could try this. turn the ignition to acc, turn the unit on, enter your 4 digit pin. these digits will appear as you enter them. then it is programmed, if you input incorrectly err will appear, wait till code reappears then re enter. hope this helps.
blueprinted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2005, 23:17   #3 (permalink)

on my AU 1, If the code has been incorrectly entered, and the display says 'err' then you need to leave the vehicle on accessory (ie with engine turned off) for up to an hour before the radio will let you re-enter the code (The radio needs to be left on during this period)

Cheers

Rich
ZD351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2005, 03:54   #4 (permalink)

If your radio is the one with the large tune/seek button on the left side you enter the code by holding down auto-m and the 6 button. You will then see 4 dashes and if the code is say 3556 you input it by pressing the no.1 button once, the number 2 button 5 times, the number 3 button 5 times and the number 4 button 6 times. Then press auto-m and 6 again and the code should be accepted.
johno1au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2005, 06:04   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by johno1au
If your radio is the one with the large tune/seek button on the left side you enter the code by holding down auto-m and the 6 button. You will then see 4 dashes and if the code is say 3556 you input it by pressing the no.1 button once, the number 2 button 5 times, the number 3 button 5 times and the number 4 button 6 times. Then press auto-m and 6 again and the code should be accepted.
I mean hold down AUTO-M and SCAN. And press the number 1 button 3 times!
johno1au is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2005, 22:20   #6 (permalink)

Thank you. My radio is the one that uses the Auto-M and Scan method. I did eventually find the procedure. But only after being told by my dealer, quite aggressively, that I had a faulty head unit and a replacement would cost several hundred dollars!!!
john003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security