F 250 Audio Input - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2006, 18:34   #1 (permalink)

confused F 250 Audio Input

I have an F250 2005 and want to connect my ipod to it. The one installed has a 6 disc CD player and an AM/FM Radio. I can't figure out how to get to the back of it. Do I need to take down the entire dashboard or is there any special tool to remove the whole unit out? Where can I find a diagram of it or a book? Any help or advice is helpfull.

D Santana
Lubbck, TX
dixon02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2006, 19:20   #2 (permalink)

Re: F 250 Audio Input

Does it have the CD changer as part of the head unit, or is it placed separately, like in the console or under the seat?

I have one (factory) in the console. I was able to find the output wires of the changer, then wire in a headphone jack to feed in my mp3 player.

If you have one of the ones that is combined in the head unit, you will either need to be a very good electronic tinkerer, or buy an adaptor. I'll look for the adaptor I'm thinking of if that's the case, so if you respond, I'll be able to give you a link.

Hope you reply, so we can get your mp3 player in your truck...I sure enjoy mine!
redneckf150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 11:01   #3 (permalink)

Thank you for replying to my question.
Indeed, my truck has a 6 CD changer as part of the head unit. I have not been able to figure out the connector and how to remove the unit to look at it at the back. If you know how to I would be very thanfull if you share those two pieces of information with me. It has been frustrating to me not having my Ipod to listen to good music and not finding anybody who know how to remove the unit from the dashboard.

DSA

Quote:
Originally Posted by redneckf150
Does it have the CD changer as part of the head unit, or is it placed separately, like in the console or under the seat?

I have one (factory) in the console. I was able to find the output wires of the changer, then wire in a headphone jack to feed in my mp3 player.

If you have one of the ones that is combined in the head unit, you will either need to be a very good electronic tinkerer, or buy an adaptor. I'll look for the adaptor I'm thinking of if that's the case, so if you respond, I'll be able to give you a link.

Hope you reply, so we can get your mp3 player in your truck...I sure enjoy mine!
dixon02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2006, 18:54   #4 (permalink)

I'm still looking, but I came across this...and it's on sale! It doesn't say that it specifically fits your particular vehicle, but I am pretty sure it will. Ask their tech. services, and I think they will know from experience. Because mine had the external CD changer, I was able to wire my player in for about $1.19. Because yours is internal, right now it costs more. I am sure somebody is trying to hack the wiring, but as of right now, I don't know that it's been done. I had to hack the wiring on my changer to pull it off, but once I got it opened, it was fairly straight forward. Anyway, check this out, and I will keep looking.

http://www.logjamelectronics.com/piefrd03aux100.html
Old 05-21-2006, 18:58   #5 (permalink)

Here's what gave me the idea!

http://transportation.hackaday.com/e...4000897045842/
Old 05-21-2006, 19:10   #6 (permalink)

As far as removal, I think one of these should work. Mine had the 2 holes on either side of the stereo. I tried to buy the release tools, but they had sold out. So...I bent 2 pieces of wire in the shape of a "U" and it worked just fine. Some people have said that coat-hanger wire works fine, but I already had some that was about the same size as the holes.

Good Luck!

http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereor...aineer1StR.htm

http://www.carstereohelp.com/stereor...ursionStrR.htm
Old 05-29-2006, 19:58   #7 (permalink)

Well...Any Luck?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security