Re: Fibreglass panels/moulds?
Making fibreglass and carbon fibre (including Kevlar) parts in not overly hard, it is just time consuming when you have to sand the thing to perfection. :(
I think one of the most important things to remember when creating fibreglass enclosure is preparation. Just like your door pods, the things to consider are:
* What do you want the final enclosure to look like?
* Will you need a basic guide frame to hold the shape it up because the glass get heavy and sags once the resin in on it. Many people forget this.
* Have you double masked everywhere where it could potentially drip? I.e., not just under the enclosure itself. What about too and from the car?
* Have you considered ventilation. I've seen one or two installers knock themselves stupid quite a bit whilst trying to glass inside cars without ventilation.
* Make sure you have plenty of rags, presol and acetone etc on hand to save any potential spills. Better to assume the worst and have it close at hand rather than rushing around looking for it once the resin begins going off.
* Make sure you put quite a few layers on because high quality subs can push titanic amounts of air pressure when angry.
Seeing as you've already done some door pods you would already know all about the mixing process and protective gear like gloves etc so I won't go into that.
Post picces as soon as you can! :D