Fitting H/U to EA - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-07-2003, 07:14   #1 (permalink)

confused Fitting H/U to EA

I just pulled out the old stock h/u from my ea and when I went to fit in my blaupunkt h/u, and it wouldn't fit.

The h/u has a surround which according to the mounting instructions should mount onto the surround in the car, but the space is too big in the dash.

There are no side mounting brackets on the h/u to mount onto the existing screw holes in the dash.

What to do?

Modify brackets from the old h/u to fit new h/u? and what about the space around the h/u? (abouit 5mm all the way around)

Hope this makes some sense to someone, lord knows it doesn't to me!

Cheers,

B Man
Advertisement

Old 10-07-2003, 08:14   #2 (permalink)
psychopatchic clownz

Re: Fitting H/U to EA

easiest thing to do is use the brackets from the original... i bolted the sleeve off my Pioneer unit to the original brackets then screwed it in place like the original unit was (then slid the Pioneer unit in)

as for the gap... you can get surrounds to close that gap at most leading car audio shops.

www.mgforums.com for all your gaming needs
Twiztid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2003, 03:01   #3 (permalink)
Ford Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twiztid
easiest thing to do is use the brackets from the original... i bolted the sleeve off my Pioneer unit to the original brackets then screwed it in place like the original unit was (then slid the Pioneer unit in)

as for the gap... you can get surrounds to close that gap at most leading car audio shops.
Thats exactly what I did with my Fairmont Ghia used the mounting brakets from factory stereo to mount Pioneer CD Player. the dash in EA has a lot of space to fit stereo as for the Dash panel depending on the size of the H/U you may just need to trim the cover down.
Old 11-01-2003, 18:46   #4 (permalink)

You can either use the brackets from the old H\U, or buy a HU installation kit. The only problem with the brakcets from the stock HU is that you need to put them closer to the front of the HU, thus putting more pressure on the back and not making the deck 100% stable. What i did, on the deck, there should be a universal bracket mount, i put mine near the back of the deck so the back would be stable, and use the stock hu brackets to mount the front of the deck. Also above the deck in the back corner there is a hole where you can hide all the wiring into. If you need more help on installing this just gimme a pm.
GL PRO SOUND
www.glprosound.com.au
1LOWEA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security