Help what can an EA Tape Deck run !!!!!!! - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
¬Ľ Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2003, 02:50   #1 (permalink)

Help what can an EA Tape Deck run !!!!!!!

Iím looking at putting two more speakers into My EA GL and I was wondering if the standard Radio/Tape deck could run its two standard speakers already in there and two 100w speakers that Iím going to put into the rear of the car.

Or could the standard tape deck / radio run two 6x9Ē 240w 3 way speakers in the back and 2 100w speakers in the front.

I still have not made up my mind which option Iím going to do.

Please tell me which one of my options it could run or any or both.
bEAn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-20-2003, 05:33   #2 (permalink)
E-Series wagon owner

Re: Help what can an EA Tape Deck run !!!!!!!

it should be able to run them my ea s had wiring done to the back but no speakers so i installed speakers in a box on the parcel shelf they worked good but a week later i bought a boss head system for the cd player-- so yeah if you have the wiring then it should work
mad_ea_spac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 18:54   #3 (permalink)
Yes, fords still kick

It could run both of these setups, but if it doesn't have the wiring to the back (as it is a GL) you will need to run some wires down there and hook them up to a fader switch, then run the existing front speaker wires to the box and run your four cables out of that. As for running 6 by 9's, it will run them, but it doesn't put out much power, so i wouldn't go for speakers with a large power rating, say anything over 160 watts because they won't be efficent enough to deliver any decent volume.
Old 06-21-2003, 03:13   #4 (permalink)

What do you mean Fader swich and how do you do one of them! The tape deck in the S-pack is the smae as the ford GL and the S-pack has speakers in the back and frount. and the GL has all ready go the holes for the speaskers.
bEAn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 04:21   #5 (permalink)
8 cylinder symphony

ea s-paks only had speakers in the front doors, never in tha back
b-juggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2003, 01:30   #6 (permalink)
96 EF Futura

Before I installed my pioneer head unit, i had the factory tape deck ( GL ) runnng only a pair of 150w 6x9's in the back, I tried it with the front door mounted speakers wired up at the same time but the tape deck is far too useless to cope. Its actually louder and clearer with the 2 6x9's hooked up only. My advice is get a cd tuner, I just got one for my B/Day on the weekend, makes a HUGE difference! my 6x9's kick now

Lowered EF Futura
Black Steelies ( too cheap to buy proper mags )
SiX_iN_a_RoW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2003, 01:55   #7 (permalink)
Yes, fords still kick

A fader switch will allow you to run front and rear speakers off only the front outputs, it will also allow you to control how much volume is put out though the front and back speakers respectively (hence fader). From what SiX_iN_a_RoW said though, it doesn't sound like the stock tape deck will have enough grunt to run anything decent. My advice to you is the same as his, spend $200 and get a sony or clarion cd tuner on special at a discount store or something - it will be worth it in the long run.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security