Ford Forums banner

Hidden 6x9's

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  LTDHO 
#1 ·
Hey all (again),

I was just brainstorming what I could do with my old (18 months now) 6x9 pioneers from my previous car... and i was thinking of installing them *under* the parcel shelf, leaving the stock 97style pioneer 6" grills... has anyone done this install? and if so, have dramas with rattle and such??

Just throwing a *wacky* idea out there to get shot down :p

Cheers,

Luke

P.S - The car is an EL Futura

#2 ·
lol...with splits up the front and to much big bass out the back, needed some midbase for the back, and i had 8inch subs under them...worked well...
saved raing the shelf or illegally hacking it up...

#3 ·
Excellent... i have some spare mdf spacers that were in the other car (18 months of use, and never screwed them in, just chucked the magnet thru the stock 6" hole :p

So i'm thinking chuck those under for a nice flat surface to have the speaker against, and then just pump it thru the stock 6" holes. Im not planning on doing anything to my system sub\amp wise for some time. I am howver planning on getting a set of Pioneer TS-C1653's, Link , professionally installed at purchase decemberish.

Its all falling into place now.

Luke

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.