hooking up - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-25-2005, 22:29   #1 (permalink)
BAMKIIXR6

hooking up

howdy, i have a BA xr6 falcon and i have the standard single cd player.... i want to hook up my amp so i have 2 questions:

1. wear do the wires from the amp hook up to the cd player?
2. wears the best place to run the wires?
3. the amps power cord, wear is the best place for it to go thru the firewall?

im in a hurry so if this seems abit vague thats y

any info is good info, cheers...
KINKSTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-26-2005, 01:56   #2 (permalink)

Re: hooking up

None of the factory head units on any BA's have RCA outputs. Your options are -
- run your head unit speaker wires to line level converters
- run your head unit speaker wires to an equaliser with RCA outputs
- run your head unit speaker wires to an amp with high level inputs
- change your head unit

Best place to run your wires is under the door scuffs / carpet.

Best place to come through the firewall is the clutch hole (if it's an Auto)

Panda
Old 06-28-2005, 04:03   #3 (permalink)
BAMKIIXR6

look i have no idea wot to do with this sound system! its frustrating me. i dont want to instal a whole new system, unless i run it from another battery, but that all sounds crazy. does anyone else out there have a falcon with a standard cd player? if so wot have u dun, and pictures would be so damn good. i mean the quality is okay to like 14, then the bass hollows out. can i only really change the speakers? oh man this sux, i mean i hav a nice ride, but sound wise, its so average......any help please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!thanx...
Old 07-12-2005, 02:26   #4 (permalink)
Seriously Disturbed

as Panda said, best place for power wire is through a rubber lug that is situated basically right in front of you in the firewall, access this from inside the engine bay.

secondly, its either you want good sound or bad sound, if you want good sound, get a new headunit that has some decent equalizations, and if still not happy, some new speakers. if you have a BA, im sure $800 for a decent h/u and 2 sets of nice speakers wont hurt that much.

thirdly, why do you want to hook up an amp? not to run factory speakers i would hope...
Old 10-26-2005, 18:06   #5 (permalink)
BAMKIIXR6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disturbed_Dave
as Panda said, best place for power wire is through a rubber lug that is situated basically right in front of you in the firewall, access this from inside the engine bay.

secondly, its either you want good sound or bad sound, if you want good sound, get a new headunit that has some decent equalizations, and if still not happy, some new speakers. if you have a BA, im sure $800 for a decent h/u and 2 sets of nice speakers wont hurt that much.

thirdly, why do you want to hook up an amp? not to run factory speakers i would hope...
oh hell no panda a wanna run a sub and sum nice 5x7. i read this guys page who has a BA and he says how he hooked the stuff up on the standard cd player, quote, "Some people go the seperate head deck but i was satisfied with the quality of the factory one so i set about installing extras the other way. I firstly installed these Alpine 6x9 2way splits. At the back of each speaker i split an extra wire to run behind the carpet for the sub. The sub was sony explode 10 inch but now is a Kicker EX 10 inch, running on a Sony Explode 222 watt amp. The power and earth were connected as normal, and the remote was run to the cigarette lighter (accessories) so that my keyless play would not use the sub and thus not expose my battery to excessive loading while the cars not running.
The speaker wires are connected via the high level input on the amp. This means my front speakers are as normal but the sub and rear speakers have to share a little. But with a little rear bias and the amp cranked 3/4 up this system delivers heaps of clarity and punch in the ute. Bloody stoked with it actually." unquote, wot do yall reckon? heres that fellas page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2040469/3 cool cya later...
Old 10-26-2005, 18:06   #6 (permalink)
BAMKIIXR6

oh hell no panda a wanna run a sub and sum nice 5x7. i read this guys page who has a BA and he says how he hooked the stuff up on the standard cd player, quote, "Some people go the seperate head deck but i was satisfied with the quality of the factory one so i set about installing extras the other way. I firstly installed these Alpine 6x9 2way splits. At the back of each speaker i split an extra wire to run behind the carpet for the sub. The sub was sony explode 10 inch but now is a Kicker EX 10 inch, running on a Sony Explode 222 watt amp. The power and earth were connected as normal, and the remote was run to the cigarette lighter (accessories) so that my keyless play would not use the sub and thus not expose my battery to excessive loading while the cars not running.
The speaker wires are connected via the high level input on the amp. This means my front speakers are as normal but the sub and rear speakers have to share a little. But with a little rear bias and the amp cranked 3/4 up this system delivers heaps of clarity and punch in the ute. Bloody stoked with it actually." unquote, wot do yall reckon? heres that fellas page http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2040469/3 cool cya later...
Old 06-26-2006, 00:53   #7 (permalink)
BAMKIIXR6

man, i wouldve been crazy to go out and buy a new head unit. i am running 6x9s and 2 subs of an amp (from the factory HU). it is crazy loud im telling you. i wouldn't bother wasting your money on a whole new system, looks odd and isnt needed. i am extremely pleased!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security