I want to be cool to :( - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2006, 03:13   #1 (permalink)

I want to be cool to :(

hey everyone,
today when i was at tafe doing my electrical apprenticeship, me and a few other mates went out to the car park at lunch. now all these guys have like suzuki swifts, lancers one even a holden.....i dont like him that much. well they all started talking about their systems. they opened the boots started turning up the volume and it sounded really good. then they looked over to me and said nathan lets see yours. i opened up my boot and .... nothing the stantard alpine stereo. what made it worse was that i turned it up and my sub crumble literally. well my point is i want/need to replace my system but want to keep the original look of the car. can any one help??

what brand is the best? how many watts? what speakers to get? how many subs?? ohh yeah im an apprentice so $$$$ is very minimal :(

thanks everyone.
ghiastyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2006, 20:31   #2 (permalink)
Will never go back to a 6

Re: I want to be cool to :(

Sound is just a question of money... how loud and hard do you want to go?
Classic quote from a Mad Max movie, twisted around to make some relevance here.

You get what you pay for in an audio system. Brands vary, but a 700 dollar sub from one brand often has the same grunt and specs as another.

My advise for somebody on an apprenticeship such as yourself is to start your dream system off with a decent deck, then as cash flow allows expand to speakers, amps and subs. I was in a similar situation as you... stocky radio, shagged speakers ect. in my old LTD of similar vintage to your car. I purchased the deck first (an alpine unit that was highly recommended to me by a mate in a car audio joint). The speakers were next, alpine ones too simply to match the CD player. Then I had a spree one day and picked up a 125x4RMS amp on sale- again an Alpine V12 job. I never went as far as subs, as the amp cranked out sufficent grunt to the speakers to please me and not piss the cops off.
But the choice is yours... What kind of budget are you planning on?
BENSV8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2006, 20:41   #3 (permalink)

well i dont like want to be one of thoughs guys that have their mousic so loud that its ridiculous. i want to have my car with that sleeper look you get me. i want it to look standard on the inside and to a degree on the out but under the surface it has power. with the audio i was thinking of getting a sub + amp (hidden in the boot) and replacing the current alpine speakers with same size but more watts. as for the head unit i did not want to change it because its difficult to find a head unit for a car that old and look like its suppose to be there. if i did i would maybe put it in the glove box or something? so money wise i dont really know. four speakers, amp and sub = $$$$? i dont know.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:16   #4 (permalink)
old B - new B

forget about trying to be a " cool dude " mate and just get what will do the job and you can afford .

look at it this way ...... you might not have the flashest sterio in town but at least you have a real car that will proberly still be around when theirs are all being turned into spagetie cans .
and you have a back seat big enought to party in ...gotta make the girls comfy
WWW.sunshield.biz
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 01:20   #5 (permalink)

LOL thanks 351cid, made me laugh. yeah i dont want the super cool system or anything, like i said in my last post just something with a bit of muscle if you get me. and about the back seat my girl knows shes not aloud to wreck the beautifully kept leather :)
Old 02-07-2006, 02:08   #6 (permalink)
old B - new B

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghiastyle
LOL thanks 351cid, made me laugh.
it worked then
WWW.sunshield.biz
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security