installation of head unit in EL Falcon - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-17-2005, 03:05   #1 (permalink)

installation of head unit in EL Falcon

I was nice and bought my mum a CD player for her EL Falcon. I plan to install it this weekend. Before I got destroying the interior of the car does any one have any tips for removal of the panels surrounding the factory unit?

Thanks
GrooveInjector is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2005, 03:58   #2 (permalink)

Re: installation of head unit in EL Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrooveInjector
I was nice and bought my mum a CD player for her EL Falcon. I plan to install it this weekend. Before I got destroying the interior of the car does any one have any tips for removal of the panels surrounding the factory unit?

Thanks
Remove the ashtray (don't drop the butts!) undo philips no.2 screw thats located on the lower left side, firmly pull on the lower right side (theres a ball clip there) lever the facia enuff so the 3 lugs on the top can slide out... unlpug the cig-lighter (yes theres a button on the plug) remove ashtray light and Bobs ur' uncle.

ohh u need a torx screwdiver no.5? i think to remove the ever so trusty olde' unit.

(tip u can purchase the wiring adaptor from most car parts outlets for about 20bux, this will come in handy if u want the old unit in there again someday)

cheers
Andrew
Krytox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2006, 05:54   #3 (permalink)

Question Re: installation of head unit in EL Falcon

I have an EL FALCON, i have removed the factory radio/cassette player, installed the new CD player, then i noticed that there are 2 or 3 wires left over, one is green with a yellow stripe and the other is a solid brown. When i was trying to find the (+) positive wire ( using a multi-meter ) i touched one of these wires to another one causing my car to lose power to the new cd player, i then turned the ignition off and back on again and i had power again. But when it came time to goto work ( about 5 - 10 mins later ) it wouldn't start! It will crank over, but will not run. The flashing red security led light on the dash that used to flash, doesn't anymore. I phoned my local motor mechanic, and they said to leave the ignition on for an hour, take the computer out and leave it for an hour to reset itself then try to start it (haven't tried anything yet). I have had people tell me that those 2 ( or 3 ) wires left over was for the immobiliser, and will not work without the factory radio. But personally i think that when i touched one wire to another it broke a fuse somewhere. i checked the fuses near the drivers steering wheel they are still good, is there any under the hood that i could of blown not making the car start? any infomation would be great on getting it working again. i dont use my internet much (due to long hours of work) so feel free send an e-mail to evil984@hotmail.com or give me a call or txt on 0401905706 (optus pre-paid).

Cheers, Andrew (evil984)
evil984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security