Installing Tweeters behind the A pillars - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2003, 16:00   #1 (permalink)
no ute, XR8 on order

Installing Tweeters behind the A pillars

Ok here is part 2 of the stereo install saga, I finally got my AU Ghia A pillar trims (thanks to you guys for part numbers and telling me how cheap they are :) ) (no thanks to the christmas break which is why it took so long)

So I got home last night and took the old ones off to see how much tweeter room I had, and there is enough but I need to drill some holes in the A pillar, is there anything inside the A pillars that I don't want to drill in to? This is down at the bottom of the pillar where the tweeter grilles are.

Thanks in advance

Jase
AUUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2003, 00:36   #2 (permalink)
V8 XW Ute/APV Kitted EBII

For a tweeter wouldnt you be able to drill/screw into the plastic to hold the tweeter base on?
Tweeters dont need THAT much of a solid base to sound good, like 6x9s etc..

I wouldnt mount the tweeters into the A-pillar metal...is this what you have seen b4?? Or just what u have heard?

ViGiLaNtE
Old 01-21-2003, 02:18   #3 (permalink)
no ute, XR8 on order

it seemed the only thing to attach it to, there is a metal plate that comes with the tweeters that haves to be attached. The alpine box doesn't come that many mounting suggestions but I am open to new ones.

Jase
AUUTE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2003, 04:09   #4 (permalink)
AU3 Falcon XR8 Ute (auto)

If it's any help, the factory tweeters are mounted as follows:

The tweeter mounts to a (rectangular) metal plate (which is shaped on an angle to point the tweeters slightly back into the cain more). the metal plate protrudes from two sides of the tweeter, the bottom side just has a 'tongue' (spelling? - y'know - the thing in ya mouth :) which 'slots' into a retangular hole/slot near the bottom of the A-pillar (in the actual metal - yours may have this already?). The top of the metal bracket has a hole (which lines up with a hole in the A-pillar, so I guess it's OK to drill?) where it is riveted in place.
Steve_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security