Music Keg - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2004, 04:36   #1 (permalink)

Music Keg

Wondering if anyone can help me, I just purchased and installed a Kenwood DDX-7045 DVD double din unit and I want to get the Kenwood Music Keg, for anyone who's not familiar with it, it's a 10-20gb HD cartridge system that acts as a changer. Will store mp3 and video.

I can't find this anywhere in SA. Anyone know if it's available in anywhere in Australia?

Here's a pic of this beast....

ProfessorSabre is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-16-2004, 04:51   #2 (permalink)

Re: Music Keg

looks neat and sounds like a good thing any ideas of pricing. How big is it. I dont know anything about this unit so dont flame me but you can buy a imac Ipod pod with 60 gig for 900 buks and it can store pics vid and music same as the nomad unit it has 40 gig and is about 700 buks. There making some kool shite these days ill tell ya

"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2004, 21:46   #3 (permalink)

The unit act as a CD changer on Kenwood's HU, you can get an fm modulated model also. Cost for above unit RRP USD300. It's not portable like ipod tho. Same concept regarding storage. I want to get one of these iso a cd/mps3 changer. There's a 10gig & 20gig keg.
Old 10-17-2004, 01:13   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Ford Member

That would be cool. I was thinkin of getting an iPod and dock with the fm transmitter for the car so i could take it mobile as well.
BlueAU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 02:07   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSabre
The unit act as a CD changer on Kenwood's HU, you can get an fm modulated model also. Cost for above unit RRP USD300. It's not portable like ipod tho. Same concept regarding storage. I want to get one of these iso a cd/mps3 changer. There's a 10gig & 20gig keg.
So you need a kenwood headunit to run it, if its not portable how do you loas music on it or edit change what you have in there.

"Its not the 300rwkw, its the instant V8 torque that kills things"
XRQTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2004, 03:28   #6 (permalink)

No you dont need a Kenwood HU to use it, you can connect it to any HU using an fm modulator. The unit will connect directly to a Kenwood HU and will be controlled via the HU like a cd changer. The larger unit is installed in your car, the smaller unit connects to your pc via usb. The cartridge is in the smaller unit in the pic above, when you finish transfering files you remove the cartridge and insert it into the main unit. You can customise playlists prior to inserting the cartridge, (keg) into your car so you can plan your listening depending on your mood. fantasic idea. I want one!
Old 10-17-2004, 04:22   #7 (permalink)
AUTS50 #012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorSabre
I just purchased and installed a Kenwood DDX-7045 DVD double din unit
Sorry I can't help either, but how much did you buy the DDX-7045 for and where? PM me if you wish not to reply on this thread.
012 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security