need help on identifying devices near Subwoofer - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto Escrow

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2005, 00:18   #1 (permalink)

need help on identifying devices near Subwoofer

I am trying to figure out what these 2 devices are for, but i am suspecting it is some sort of AMP but cannot confirm it. This is on my 2004 mercury Mountaineer Premier.

Can anyone help me identify this devices?

If this is actually an AMP or not so I can determine if I need to purchase an AMP to connect to the PC's sound board. I am building a CarPC with touchscreen. Only thing will be removed is the factory 6-CD radio. I would like to use the existing speakers and Subwoofer.. Just advice is welcome.

Here the pictures:

Thanks,
Richard
DeafGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2005, 04:33   #2 (permalink)
love the ba's

Re: need help on identifying devices near Subwoofer

the balck one looks like an alarm but i dont no wat the other is
Old 08-26-2005, 21:34   #3 (permalink)
old B - new B

yeah the BOSCH part will be the main control unit for the keyless entry/ central locking/ alarm.

the other thingy could be ????????????????

why not write down the part number and give your ford shop a call. the parts guy should be able to look it up for you,
WWW.sunshield.biz
351cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2005, 04:03   #4 (permalink)

The basic part number - 18C808 - is what should describe the part. It is definitely part of the audio system. Ford speakers carry the basic part number 18808, the inclusion of the 'C' I don't know. It looks like an amplifier with those cooling fins, but amplifiers usually carry the basic part number of 18T805 or 18T806. The prefix 2C6F tells which model year and model line the part was first introduced for, and the suffix AA tells the variable number or revision number of the item.

As 351cid said, you could take the number to your local Ford dealership parts guy for clarification, although service part numbers don't always exactly match assembly line numbers (prefixes and/or suffixes may be different).

Easiest way would be to ask someone at your local Ford service department - they are sure to have changed one of these at some time, and would know exactly what it is.
BA GT #0909 - Manual, Citric Acid, Stripes, Sunroof, Premium sound, FPV Steering wheel and Mats.
GT 0909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security