New speaker wiring to the front doors - Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars
Ford Forum Ford Forum

» Auto Insurance
» Featured Product
ยป Wheel & Tire Center

Go Back   Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security
Register Home Forum Active Topics Photo Gallery Auto Loans Garage Mark Forums Read Auto EscrowInsurance

FordForums.com is the premier Ford Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2003, 18:38   #1 (permalink)
brenlam

New speaker wiring to the front doors

Just about to replace the stock speaker wiring to the front doors. I have no f***ing idea how to do it though. Wiring to the rear was easy stuff (I have an EA so there was no rear speaker wiring) but figuring where the wires come through the door into the cabin is difficult. I cant seem to find the wires or the clump of them that are taped together. I know they travel through the pipe thing in the side of the door to get into the cabin, just locating the pipe on the other side is hard. A how to or something would be good. Im putting wiring in so the new speakers i have just installed (6" pioneers) will have better bass well this is what i was told anyway. Also I will amp them once i get around to installing the thing so a wiring upgrade is needed.

Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2003, 18:46   #2 (permalink)
BA'o'Matic 100% working.

Re: New speaker wiring to the front doors

Just pop the rubber bit going between the door and the body off from either end, then feed your wire through it, tuck it down inside the door till you find it, tape it to existing wired to keep it from being in the way of the window etc, then pop the rubber back in at both ends with a little effort, I did this on an EF for a mate with out any great drama.

Check the thread an on the AWA wiring diagram for head unit on this page, will let you know what colour wires you are looking for if you dont want to do the above.

Dellboy999

"So long and thanks for all the fish!"
Dellboy999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Ford Forums - Mustang Forum, Ford Trucks, Ford Focus and Ford Cars > The Garage - Tech Forums > Audio And Security